Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come black Boxers never represent for Africa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I've heard real Italians & real Irish are usually not fans of US Italians & US Irish people who they feel haven't represented them well. In fact I've heard many Irish people say the worst white people in the US are Irish.
    You are definitely not wrong about that, my wife is Irish as in born in Cork and she’s an Uber critic of it. Italians are way more brash and outward about it though.

Comment

Yeah good point UK and other black boxers from Europe do represent their African heritage more. American blacks not so much I have actually heard blacks making fun of Africans before which I found odd.

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
        Africans vs ADOS (American Descendants of Slavery)

If you don't like something you sell it or throw it away
        I like this girl. What she's describing is intraracial discrimination. Chronic and stupid superiority complex. Honest video.
        Green K.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          Anthony Joshua frequently talks about his African roots and his connection to Africa.

It's easier guys AJ since his parents are from Nigeria and very much are rooted in the customs if the country. Really in America are there those with a lineage where they can do readily trace their ancestry to Africa where the disconnect takes place.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Trees View Post
            Yeah good point UK and other black boxers from Europe do represent their African heritage more. American blacks not so much I have actually heard blacks making fun of Africans before which I found odd.
            Of course there's a friction. Aside from skin color, they have nothing else in common. Smart black Americans, though, sometimes inquire, but for most Africa is a foreign and isn't a priority.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 02-03-2020, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              For the most part it seems only Americans of Latino heritage represent cuz they some proud folks.
              Bingo.....

Comment

Originally posted by Green Trees View Post
                Plenty of white guys show out for their background like Irish for example.
                Ohh yeah the Irish too!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                  It's easier guys AJ since his parents are from Nigeria and very much are rooted in the customs if the country. Really in America are there those with a lineage where they can do readily trace their ancestry to Africa where the disconnect takes place.
                  I didn't see Joshua talking about Africa more than his colonizer the British. Joshua represents Britain, not Nigeria. This guy is a fake ass Englishman.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                    Most African Americans don't even know which part of the African continent they hail from (west).

Do you know where they're from?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Yea the white people who rep their ancestry the most seem to be Italians & Irish. Not alot of white dudes hyping being Swedish in the US. Although I've heard real Italians & real Irish are usually not fans of US Italians & US Irish people who they feel haven't represented them well. In fact I've heard many Irish people say the worst white people in the US are Irish.
                      Ohh yeah the Italians too.

Comment

Working...
                      X