Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua asked a question.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Is that a fact? Well here's some information I found about Anthony Joshua concerning his role in the Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury trilogy.

In it, Shelly Finkel has told Anthony Joshua not to bother with a Deontay Wilder offer while he's doing business with Tyson Fury. Personally, I don't think Shelly likes those guys. Read the following article below from World Boxing News

[SIZE="3"][B][I][B][I][I]Shelly Finkel Deontay Wilder �� Amanda Westcott Anthony Joshua has been warned not to bother making an attempt to break a trilogy of fights between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury. The unified heavyweight champion made a startling statement in a recent admission to Sky Sports in the UK. Joshua shockingly stated he would ask Wilder to default on a contracted deal with Fury to battle a third time later this year. Intending to offer a huge purse if Wilder wins against Fury next month, Joshua made his plans clear. “We had (a) meeting to potentially put an offer in to solidify (fighting Wilder) before they have even had their fight. And before I have my next fight,” he told Sky Sports News. “Everyone wants Wilder to win because (vs me) is what everyone wants to see. Wilder has a great right hand. I have a great left hand. It is a great boxing match. We had a meeting about that. It has great potential. I heard have a third fight lined up towards the end of the year. But we have to throw a curveball in there. “Something that gets Wilder’s attention providing he wins so that he thinks to himself: ‘Even though I have a rematch clause, I’ll see how I can manipulate my contract, get out of it, and fight for the undisputed championship’.” WBN then put this to Wilder’s co-manager, Shelly Finkel. The former Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield advisor told Joshua where to go in no uncertain terms. “I don’t know what Anthony Joshua is talking about,” Finkel exclusively told World Boxing News. “We are not interested in any offer. “Deontay’s and our focus is on Tyson Fury. At this moment, we are not focusing on anything else.” PAY-PER-VIEW Finkel’s words mean Wilder will see through his agreement with Fury to give the loser of their Las Vegas showdown first refusal on the next installment. The only hope AJ has of a Wilder clash would be if Fury wins and the American decides against taking the stipulation in the contract. If Pay-Per-View numbers get anywhere near Bob Arum’s projections for the rematch, though, it would take an enormous amount of money for that third fight not to take place. Arum believes up to two million buys are possible for the mouth-watering MGM collision.

Didn’t bother reading that mess, Fury said he’s interested in a AJ fight in his last ones , so what are you talking about the other guys aren’t interested ? Ha

This was your quote “Neither fighter has expressed an interest in fighting him next” .

Fury has , “Tyson Fury wants Anthony Joshua fight after Deontay Wilder rematch in classy AJ response” This was said last month .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...y3T6NM8HB4LTP4
    Last edited by REDEEMER; 01-26-2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
      They probably deserve 50% but business wise it doesn’t make sense, the numbers definitely don’t add up
      If the boxing model was different then yes. But boxing is driven by the “business wise” decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        Both Wilder and Fury make lots of money..... the ego of Joshua and HEarn is what makes these negotiations so difficult.... they think they have all the power and are giving Fury or Wilder the opportunity.

Until they drop that shiat and come open and willing to make a fight on equal terms, then we will keep going round in circles.

Fury or Wilder will not bend to Hearn, they despise him and see him for the prick he is.
        Basically all you've said there is that the fight has not happened because the money guy Joshua won't overpay the other guy Wilder.
        Again with the "they think they have all the power."
        This just comes back to the original point. The original point is that all the facts show that Joshua is the cash cow. All the history shows that the fighter in that position gets a bigger purse. So no. They are not being "*****e", they are just using the precedent of all the history of boxing, and how it has always been in the past. It is Wilder who wants and expects to deviate from the way it has always been done. THAT is a lack of humility and smacks of arrogance. And even despite this, Joshua has agreed to overpay (based on what would normally be deemed fair) to make the fight. Wilder won't fight for a hundred million, gtfooh with any excuses about not being paid fairly. He'll get offered 50/50 and decline it and you'll still make excuses for the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          The winner of Joshua vs Wilder is still undefeated, and technically number 1 on merit within the heavyweight division.
          How the...What?

Josh doesn't have an L anymore?

Comment

Winner of Wilder/Fury is the #1 guy at Heavyweight.

Joshua needs them. Let him rot in his small pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
              Basically all you've said there is that the fight has not happened because the money guy Joshua won't overpay the other guy Wilder.
              Again with the "they think they have all the power."
              This just comes back to the original point. The original point is that all the facts show that Joshua is the cash cow. All the history shows that the fighter in that position gets a bigger purse. So no. They are not being "*****e", they are just using the precedent of all the history of boxing, and how it has always been in the past. It is Wilder who wants and expects to deviate from the way it has always been done. THAT is a lack of humility and smacks of arrogance. And even despite this, Joshua has agreed to overpay (based on what would normally be deemed fair) to make the fight. Wilder won't fight for a hundred million, gtfooh with any excuses about not being paid fairly. He'll get offered 50/50 and decline it and you'll still make excuses for the guy.
              Wilder and Fury know they bring lots to that fight with Joshua, it is bigger than anything else in boxing, without them Joshua makes a lot, but Wilder-Fury winner will increase the revenue by 2 or 3 times...... 50% will get it done.... in the US or Saudi have already offered a huge fee, but it has to be against Wilder or Fury, they won't offer that amount for any one else.

I think 60-40 would be fair personally..... but due to all the friction between the camps I think it has to on equal terms or they won't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                How the...What?

Josh doesn't have an L anymore?
                Fury vs Wilder.

Comment

AJ will have 3 mandatories and unlike a real champion where he would have to face a top 15 fighter, AJ will have to face fighters from no 4 ---> down

it's a no mans land really, all the obligations with being a proper champion ,

Quite unusual to have that hardware and be third, just goes to show the value of these pieces of tin, hopefully februarys winner will ditch the wbc and just keep the ring dont play their crooked games anymore with crap fights

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    Fury vs Wilder.
                    Ahhh gotcha. Didn’t think Joshua fans had gotten that weird lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                      Wilder and Fury know they bring lots to that fight with Joshua, it is bigger than anything else in boxing, without them Joshua makes a lot, but Wilder-Fury winner will increase the revenue by 2 or 3 times...... 50% will get it done.... in the US or Saudi have already offered a huge fee, but it has to be against Wilder or Fury, they won't offer that amount for any one else.

I think 60-40 would be fair personally..... but due to all the friction between the camps I think it has to on equal terms or they won't agree.
                      I agree with this. 60/40 would be fair. Bur Wilder won't do it for that, even though he should. Wilder would be prepared to just not unify, but Joshua won't be prepared. THAT is a telling difference in the attitudes of these two men. Joshua will bend to make the fight, Wilder would be happy of Joshua never bothered him again lol. Wilder was so happy to talk about Ruiz, but won't talk about fighting AJ now.
                      It's f*****g obvious isn't it, who wants it more? AJ does. If anyone is being honest they will admit this fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X