Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Saunders even fail the test? VADA's statement says maybe not.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Saunders even fail the test? VADA's statement says maybe not.

"The results of the analysis are as follows: Adverse. Urine specimen number 4248408: oxilofrine detected. Note the following is also contained on the laboratory report: 'Opinions: oxilofrine may have resulted from the administration of ephedrine which was also detected but below the decision limit of 11ug/ml. The estimated concentration of ephedrine is 4.6 ug/ml.'"

So the oxilofrine could have come from ephedrine which was below the limit.

No way should Saunders be punished.

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    "The results of the analysis are as follows: Adverse. Urine specimen number 4248408: oxilofrine detected. Note the following is also contained on the laboratory report: 'Opinions: oxilofrine may have resulted from the administration of ephedrine which was also detected but below the decision limit of 11ug/ml. The estimated concentration of ephedrine is 4.6 ug/ml.'"

I agree. Leave Saunders alone and let him fight. Next thing you know a boxer will get busted for chewing the wrong brand of gum.

Comment

I really hope this just happens to be the case and we still get the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

I got savaged in another thread for pointing out that "resulted from" does not mean that he took both substances at the same time!

I interpret it as meaning the oxilofrine may have been the by-product of a legal dose of ephedrine, which would make him innocent of doping.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I agree. Leave Saunders alone and let him fight. Next thing you know a boxer will get busted for chewing the wrong brand of gum.
          No no .. Victor Conte said oxilofrine is 10 times more powerful than clenbuterol.

And deisel fuel is 1000 times more powerful than engine oil.

But fcking useless for lubricating engines. See what I did there?

Comment

Ephedrine is a banned substance. If they were actually administering ephedrine, which has a half life of only a few hours, chances of randomly catching someone still at an illegal level are small. That they found any at all is more damning then it is an excuse for finding oxilofrine.

Comment

Working...
            X