No announcement yet.

Why does Thurman receive so much criticism from The Black Boxing Community

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
    This thread is ****ing ******ed. If he gets any criticism from the "black boxing community" it's because he rarely fights these days. He's got his head in the clouds. Also for a guy that gave himself the nickname "one time" he fights off the back foot and running away from his opponents. He nearly threw away the fights with Shawn Porter and Danny Garcia fighting scared.
    I still say that Porter won that fight

Comment

anybody who plays the businessman role is gonna get hated on period. when a fighter starts talking that marinate sht they draw criticism. thurman wants to marinate his clash vs spence but errol wants to fight him asap. fans are gonna bash the guy who's stalling. its always been that way.

personally I dont believe for a second thurman is scared its just that with these guys fighting just 1-2 times per year fans dont got no damm patience. same criticism is currently being thrown at gervonta davis and his promoter floyd when it comes to lomachenko calling him out. go to his IG page and read the comments. nothing but duck and chicken emojis.

not too long ago thurman was in spence shoes chasing the big names. and thurman was also heavily ducked by malignaggi, bradley, maidana and yes even floyd (he was mandatory for two years). so thurman figured this is just part of the game and now hes putting spence through the same experience. kinda like "i had to wait so you gotta wait too".

who knows in a few years spence would also want to marinate a fight and fans will flip on him too.. its not a racial thing its simply about lack of patience. we're lucky to see these guys take two fights per year so fans only want mega fights.

Comment

The white community doesn't embrace every white fighter. Same with the black community. Or do they have to love every black boxer because they're black? (see Holmes, Liston, Patterson, Tarver)

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
          anybody who plays the businessman role is gonna get hated on period. when a fighter starts talking that marinate sht they draw criticism. thurman wants to marinate his clash vs spence but errol wants to fight him asap. fans are gonna bash the guy who's stalling. its always been that way.

personally I dont believe for a second thurman is scared its just that with these guys fighting just 1-2 times per year fans dont got no damm patience. same criticism is currently being thrown at gervonta davis and his promoter floyd when it comes to lomachenko calling him out. go to his IG page and read the comments. nothing but duck and chicken emojis.

not too long ago thurman was in spence shoes chasing the big names. and thurman was also heavily ducked by malignaggi, bradley, maidana and yes even floyd (he was mandatory for two years). so thurman figured this is just part of the game and now hes putting spence through the same experience. kinda like "i had to wait so you gotta wait too".

who knows in a few years spence would also want to marinate a fight and fans will flip on him too.. its not a racial thing its simply about lack of patience. we're lucky to see these guys take two fights per year so fans only want mega fights.
          Unless your Eddie Hearns or Bob Arum. Then you can low ball any and everyone while accusing them of pricing themselves out while fans and the boxing media blindly eat that **** up for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
            Keith is an excellent fighter, he has a stacked resume, he holds two Welterweight straps, and he has made it known that he wants to be the best. Yet, he receives so much criticism from black boxing fans especially on YouTube. The black boxing community prides itself on supporting black fighters, yet Keith doesn't seem to receive any
            Really???? The guy has so many fans on here, most of whom are black.

I personally think he's a decent fighter but I'm not a fan, however his resume is far from stacked. Beating Spence and Horn/TC/Pac, or at least fighting them, would make it stacked.

Comment

Working...
            X