Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we need guys like Ohara Davies in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need guys like Ohara Davies in boxing?

Davies broner fury the list goes on and on. Guys who are uber controversial, do we need these guys to keep boxing interesting?

Davies is next level ******ed, he's an embarrassment to the sport.

Comment

If guys wanna make their brand be controversy I got no problem with that. I think more guys would actually be well served being the bad guy if they can swing being the heel.

People tend to hate stronger than they love so if you can become a guy people wanna pay to see lose without being a guy people just don't wanna deal with at all (which is the line you gotta walk) then good luck to those guys.

Comment

If they can fight, cool, but if they are half assed **** them. I was never thrilled about Broner even when he was knocking out smurfs in the lower divisions but now i have zero interest in his fights. His trash talks arent witty either and i dont find him funny.

I like Fury though because he talks sht and backs it up. Klit fight was epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          If guys wanna make their brand be controversy I got no problem with that. I think more guys would actually be well served being the bad guy if they can swing being the heel.

People tend to hate stronger than they love so if you can become a guy people wanna pay to see lose without being a guy people just don't wanna deal with at all (which is the line you gotta walk) then good luck to those guys.
          Yup I agree to a certain extent. It's really hard getting everyone to like you but it's kinda easy getting on people's nerves. I imagine if Andre ward were to be a villain he would get better ratings

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            If they can fight, cool, but if they are half assed **** them. I was never thrilled about Broner even when he was knocking out smurfs in the lower divisions but now i have zero interest in his fights. His trash talks arent witty either and i dont find him funny.

I like Fury though because he talks sht and backs it up. Klit fight was epic.
            Team fury all the way, and you still wouldn't tune in to see broner get beat up?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Davies is next level ******ed, he's an embarrassment to the sport.
              Right but is he kinda essential to boxing?he's done well with the villain role so far and there's plenty of people who don't give a fuck about boxing who would tune in just to see him lose

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                Right but is he kinda essential to boxing?he's done well with the villain role so far and there's plenty of people who don't give a fuck about boxing who would tune in just to see him lose
                Villain role? Who see's him as a villain? Everybody sees him for what he is......... really ****ing stupid.

Nobody can watch that video and say anything other than the guy is a sandwich short of a picnic.
                Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 01-08-2018, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Villain role? Who see's him as a villain? Everybody sees him for what he is......... really ****ing stupid.

Nobody can watch that video and say anything other than the guy is a sandwich short of a picnic.
                  Sometimes that gets ratings tho. After seeing how arrogant he was after the Taylor loss I wanted to see him beat again!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                    Yup I agree to a certain extent. It's really hard getting everyone to like you but it's kinda easy getting on people's nerves. I imagine if Andre ward were to be a villain he would get better ratings
                    Oh sh^t yea for sure. Although I was saying the same with Kovalev cuz I think Main Events are a$$hats in not trying to promote him as some kinda Ivan Drago bad guy since he's from that region to start with, he KO's guys & he's kinda an a$$hole at his core (Ward to me is merely unlikeable more than an a$$hole). But yea Ward going for being the bad guy in general would have better served his bank account 100%.

I don't think its in Ward's or many of these guys' makeup is the #1 problem doe. And I think it takes a certain type of personality to not want people to like & appreciate you & to even dislike & hate you. The overwhelming majority of these guys just can't do what Floyd did, what Ali did, what Jack Johnson did, what Macho Camacho did, what Mayorga did & so many others did. Its not a road the average cat wants to travel & I'd say even can travel.

Comment

Working...
                    X