Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Keith Thurman the best welterweight in the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Bradley

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by slickrick9783 View Post
      With Brook moving to Middleweight, if only for the moment, is Keith Thurman the best welterweight in the world? He arguably has the best resume of welterweight vs welterweight competition. He kos 80% of his opponents and has knocked down all but Porter (who wobbled) in his fights. But has he shown too much vulnerability to be considered the legitimate heir to the 147 thrown? If so, when did vulnerability start defining a division? Was Leonard not vulnerable to a Hearns and vise versa? Was Tito not vulnerable to the boxing ability of DeLa Hoya? Isn't that what makes boxing the sort of sport that defies generations? All in all, Keith might not be the most talented 147 in the world. But I dare anyone to show me a better candidate for best welterweight in the word....
      he has to beat Danny Garcia and Jesse Vargas.....gotta unify....too many undefeated fighters in the top ten

even brook holds a belt here....unify at least 3/4 belts and he should be considered number one

Timmy has only lost to Manny, an ATG, so he is in the mix too

Comment

yes he is, just. Theres a few welters who are very similar level, would place one keith thurman, showtime shawn porter, bradley, kell brook all in the same bracket. Pacquiao aswell if he definitely comes back.

Comment

actually no, more i think about it noones done enough to say they are the best of the division, although he beat porter it was so close, same with brook.

Comment

Working...
          X