Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

other than being a great white hope what makes golovkin so special?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen this question get asked a lot and I'm never motivated to answer because if you can't see it visually, then explaining isn't gonna help much either.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargerie View Post
      I just don't see it guys. What makes this guy so much more special than rigonduex? I know that he isn't really "white"(what makes someone white or not anyway???) and that that is from khazistan but the public doesn't know that they probably think that golovkin is from Russia I don't see why this guy has so much hype around him he has fought noting but bums and has yet to prove himself say (ward,froch) just bumafter bum.......
      Well let's see...

Amateur record of 345-5.

Undefeated as a Pro.

Never knock down or out in over 375 fights as a professional and amateur.

With a 90% knockout percentage he holds the highest KO ratio in middleweight championship history and second in overall championship history.

Silver 2004 Athens Olympic Games Middleweight
      Gold 2003 Bangkok World Championships Middleweight
      Gold 2002 Busan Asian Games Light Middleweight
      Gold 2004 Puerto Princesa Asian Championships Middleweight

Devastating punching power.

Kind of special don't you think?

BTW...He has a white Russian father and a Korean mother...not that it matters.
      Last edited by jaded; 01-18-2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

the term "great white hope" was used when boxing was fat american midwestern guys getting beat up by black guys from the hood

it doesn't really make much sense to call golovkin "great white hope" when his division is already mostly non-american whites, and he's already a dominant champion in it (not to mention he's half korean)

then again the account "wargerie" has to be a joke so why am i explaining this
        Last edited by ////; 01-18-2015, 09:13 PM.

Comment

I just don't see it guys. What makes this guy so much more special than rigonduex? I know that he isn't really "white"(what makes someone white or not anyway???) and that that is from khazistan but the public doesn't know that they probably think that golovkin is from Russia I don't see why this guy has so much hype around him he has fought noting but bums and has yet to prove himself say (ward,froch) just bumafter bum.......
          If you're not able to watch him fight and understand, then you'll just never get it.

And American fans don't care about white fighters if they are from another continent. That's why the Klitschko's never got over big in the US.

Comment

He knocks out all the black dudes it's like a genocide of middleweight black fighters. Is that special enough ?

Comment

Dafuq does he have to do with Rigondeaux? A. Rigo has done more than Golovkin and should be a p4p top 10. B. Golvokin OBVIOUSLY hasn't faced nothing but bums because he's beaten a handful of Ring top ten fighters. Nobody is top ten in any division in any era and is a bum. That's so dumb I don't understand how a real boxing fan buys into that BS. Golovkin has hype because he's demolishing good fighters and the champions avoid him like the plague and he's a fun personality who brings his A game to international television. That's all.

Comment

He has very good ring generalship like Rigo. He just is much more effective being the aggressor. IMO I think rigo is the better boxer of the two

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  never stopped or even down in his 300+wins 5 loss amateur career is a great place to start.
                  Add onto that he is undefeated as a pro and has KOed 18 good fighters in a row and is considered the world's best middleweight by everybody and their brother and their mother. Rigo is indeed a great fighter and so is GGG. Why do you think Cotto, Martinez and Kid Chocolate all refused to fight him?

Comment

he actually is russian everyone in kazakhstan is...

and if you dont know what makes him special you obviously never seen him fight...

Comment

Agreed, I only like him because he's white

Comment

Working...
                      X