Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Boxing be Dead after Mayweather and Pacquiao retires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    only to the assh0les who only follow Floyd and Manny and don't know **** about the actual sport of boxing
    ?????

forgot to log out and log in to your ALT. lol

Comment

Not at all. In fact, it will be a wonderful day for boxing when Mayweather and Pacquiao retire. The sooner, the better.

Comment

Boxing will get better imo

Comment

Of course not.....

Comment

Thats what people said when Mayweather retired.

Someone else by the name of Pacquiao carried boxing. All his fights were exciting, had the world going nuts.

Everyone knows the name Pacquiao

Mayweather comes back and brings back all the bs with him and taints the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
              Never said I only watch Mayweather/Pac fights,I'm a big boxing fan but sad that even with Mayweather and Pacquiao boxing still is a minor sport, its not even top 10 in the US where its most big at, where would it go if these 2 would retire? Just look at espn.com for USA. Boxing isn't a regular category on the nav bar. It's in the "more sports".
              I wasn't saying you like meaning you specifically. And I agree it's not covered on espn like then other sports but it's ok IMO. Boxing won't be dead after the retire.

Comment

The sooner Mayweather and Pacquiao retires, the better. That's why fans need to laser focus on other worthy fights and start talking less and less about May and Pac. There were many memorable fights that didn't involve the two. Showtime as you can see is too focused on Mayweather. As a result the other fights they're making are not what fans want. Perhaps they would do well when Mayweather disappears. Can't wait.

Comment

No. Boxing is one of the oldest sport, it caters to one of the most fundamental instinct of human being which is "Aggression". Fans will find a way to bestow another cash cow.

Comment

If Boxing could survive the lost of Ali & Iron Mike(The two biggest athletes in sports history) it can survive the lost of Floyd & Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
                      Who would Sell the PPVs???

I'm afraid MMA/UFC might just take Over

Edit: I didn't really mean exactly 'Dead' what I meant was would it take a huge step back & lose a lot of viewers also hide in the shadows for some while when these 2 would retire? and the growing popularity of other Combat sports really fears me to think so.
                      If Pac keeps fighting guys like his next opponent with undercard like his last PPV....I'd say Mayweather is the last of the big PPV giants...

I'm a huge hardcore fan that buys all PPVs but didn't buy Pacs last two and won't be buying his next.

Comment

Working...
                      X