No announcement yet.

Haye and Chisora slam the Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye and Chisora slam the Klitschkos

David Haye and Dereck Chisora have finally reached agreement on one subject - the Klitschko brothers' domination of the heavyweight division.

Haye and Chisora meet at Upton Park on July 14 for the culmination of a feud that has been running since February when the pair brawled in Munich at a press conference which followed Chisora's loss to Vitali Klitschko, who retained his WBC title in the process.

Haye was beaten by Wladimir Klitschko in July last year and the 36-year-old added the WBA title to the IBF, WBO and IBO belts he already owned.

The two Londoners will now meet in a bout controversially sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation and they believe their battle with will be of much more interest than Vitali's meeting with Manuel Charr and his brother Wladimir's title defence against Tony Thompson.

"They don't want this fight to take place because it will do is take away publicity from their fights," said Haye.

"No-one is talking about their fights, people are only talking about this fight and they don't know how to deal with that.

"They don't want anyone else in the heavyweight division making money and getting publicity and they will do whatever they can to shun this event but people want to see this and people don't want to see what they do - at this point in time anyway."

Promoters Blasted

Chisora echoed Haye's comments and also dismissed the Klitschkos and their K2 Promotions brand.

"For once I'm going to have to agree with David Haye, he is actually right. The trouble with K2 promotions is they always have to slate everyone else," he said.

"They always think they are the biggest and best thing in boxing. They are just kidding the sport because by the time you have fought them they have already disrupted you, so you know what - two fingers to them anyway."

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
    David Haye and Dereck Chisora have finally reached agreement on one subject - the Klitschko brothers' domination of the heavyweight division.

Haye and Chisora meet at Upton Park on July 14 for the culmination of a feud that has been running since February when the pair brawled in Munich at a press conference which followed Chisora's loss to Vitali Klitschko, who retained his WBC title in the process.

Haye was beaten by Wladimir Klitschko in July last year and the 36-year-old added the WBA title to the IBF, WBO and IBO belts he already owned.

The two Londoners will now meet in a bout controversially sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation and they believe their battle with will be of much more interest than Vitali's meeting with Manuel Charr and his brother Wladimir's title defence against Tony Thompson.
    "They don't want this fight to take place because it will do is take away publicity from their fights," said Haye.

"No-one is talking about their fights, people are only talking about this fight and they don't know how to deal with that.

"They don't want anyone else in the heavyweight division making money and getting publicity and they will do whatever they can to shun this event but people want to see this and people don't want to see what they do - at this point in time anyway."

Promoters Blasted

Chisora echoed Haye's comments and also dismissed the Klitschkos and their K2 Promotions brand.

"For once I'm going to have to agree with David Haye, he is actually right. The trouble with K2 promotions is they always have to slate everyone else," he said.

"They always think they are the biggest and best thing in boxing. They are just kidding the sport because by the time you have fought them they have already disrupted you, so you know what - two fingers to them anyway."
    And they are right. This fight is good for boxing, the masses want to see it, and the Kits, although very good, are at times overrated and in a weak division.

Comment

Honestly.......

I'm from London. I like both Haye & Chisora. I don't care who wins. But I love their fight.

I watched the Klitschkos from the off & thought they were great but they have turned into "Big Business". They're no better than a Target strangling small stores. This is not an attack on them. It's just business. If you're successful, you make plans to stop others in your field being successful. Good for them, bad for boxing.

The Klitschko reign has been horrible. It would be better if there was just one of them but having two has just been very very dull. I apologise to German/Ukranian Klitschko fans. I love them both but for the sport itself they are killing it.

Having two idiots like Haye & Chisora mouthing a load of crap is breathing some much needed life into the heavyweight division.

I just hope the bout lives up to expectations.

Comment

Two Klitschko victims running their mouth.

Comment

Let's just hope this fight isn't dull, highly doubt it but sometimes fights everyones dieing to see end up that way (high expectations) I think haye will get the ko in under 8 rounds with chisora applying pressure from the start
          Last edited by Juof; 06-13-2012, 05:49 AM.

Comment

The Klitschkos are acting like they should be the only ones talked about in the division. They don't seem to understand that fans want to be entertained.

Comment

Let them continue with this circus.

They know and everyone else knows that Haye and Chisora are inferior to the brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
                Let them continue with this circus.

They know and everyone else knows that Haye and Chisora are inferior to the brothers.
                No, we know Haye is inferior to Wlad and Chisora to Vitali. Vitali wanted none of Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  No, we know Haye is inferior to Wlad and Chisora to Vitali. Vitali wanted none of Haye.
                  they are both inferior. let the 'bums' bash each other in this freak show I say.

Comment

Haye should have fought Vitali a few years ago instead of fighting Valuev.

At least we all thought Vitali was somewhat unfaultable back then. Whatever though.

This will be a fantastic fight while it lasts. I don't really want to see Haye-Wladimir II though.

Comment

Working...
                    X