Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez' best performance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to see another total domination and one very tough s.o.b, see Chavez fight vs. Dwight Prachett. Prachett was top contender but Chavez on another level.

Comment

Everyone I've talked to that saw that fight thinks Randall clearly won that first fight by several points. It shouldn't have taken 2 penalties for Randall to get that decision.
      Last edited by Florence52; 04-26-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Florence52 View Post
        Everyone I've talked to that saw that fight thinks Randall clearly won that first fight by several points. It shouldn't have taken 2 penalties for Randall to get that decision.
        Everyone knows Chavez lost to Randall. Not sure what your post has to do with anything.

Comment

He reposted what I wrote. I said Randall beat Chavez in the first fight, but the scores were too close. I was just wondering why it was so difficult for guys to win decisions against Chavez in his prime. Whitaker was clearly screwed out of a unanimous decision win against him and if Taylor 1 hadn't been stopped Meldrick woud've won a split decision, but that should've been unaunimous as well. I was just wondering if this was the workings of the corrupt WBC. Were judges just paid off in some Chavez fights sometimes or were they just that bad? And hurt or not, Taylor should've been allowed to continue. Steele should've known there was less than 10 seconds left by the light in the corner in front of him. Chavez himself even called that a gift.

Comment

Funny you claim the Steele helped Chavez against Taylor but ignore Cortez letting Whitaker hit Chavez in the nutsack a dozen times.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              He reposted what I wrote. I said Randall beat Chavez in the first fight, but the scores were too close. I was just wondering why it was so difficult for guys to win decisions against Chavez in his prime. Whitaker was clearly screwed out of a unanimous decision win against him and if Taylor 1 hadn't been stopped Meldrick woud've won a split decision, but that should've been unaunimous as well. I was just wondering if this was the workings of the corrupt WBC. Were judges just paid off in some Chavez fights sometimes or were they just that bad? And hurt or not, Taylor should've been allowed to continue. Steele should've known there was less than 10 seconds left by the light in the corner in front of him. Chavez himself even called that a gift.
              Chavez was better then that bum in your avi

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                Rosario was a top ten lb4lb fighter, the sport's best puncher, and Chavez moved up in weight to face him. Chavez walked right through him and administered one of the most complete and brutal beatings in boxing history.
                What do you mean by the best puncher?

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  What do you mean by the best puncher?
                  In 1987,Edwin Rosario was lb4lb the best puncher in the sport, at least in my opinion. He's one of the hardest punchers I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                    In 1987,Edwin Rosario was lb4lb the best puncher in the sport, at least in my opinion. He's one of the hardest punchers I've ever seen.
                    Helluva puncher no doubt, but I believe there was a harder hitter in the same ring on the same night... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                      Helluva puncher no doubt, but I believe there was a harder hitter in the same ring on the same night... ;-)
                      I disagree with that entirely. Rosario had way more explosive power than Chavez. Chavez was just much more skilled and was able to nullify a lot of Rosario's power with defense and distance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I remember JJ being on that card, lol. Don King often paired JCC and him in fights.
                      Still, Rosario nearly had JJ level power.
                      Last edited by Steak; 04-29-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X