Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Were Freddie Roach, What's Your Fight Plan Against Pretty Boy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aether View Post
    yes, fight floyd in a boxing match. really smart.

your plan = no comment

Your plans awesome, I didn't even see that coming!

I just got flyoded hahahahahaha!

Comment

yes, fight floyd in a boxing match. really smart.
      for the record, I actually said box floyd in a boxing match, mixing a fight in there when the opportunity presents itself.

I say box, you say fight, tomaa-to tomah-to, same thing I guess... hows is MMA anyways? Did you check out that bute vs andrade submission crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
        if you could beat floyd by fighting gatti would have beat him. ndou would have beat him, hatton would have beat him.
        Any time Mayweather tried to trade with Hatton he came off second best, Hatton was too ferocious and he even had to jump out of the ring at one point and grazed his cheek in another skirmish. Mayweather's strength was to keep his opponent on the outside and fight on the backfoot, Cortez helped immensely with that. The fighters who trouble him the most are those who get inside his range and make him stand toe to toe but this doesn't happen often at all. Even when he knocked an already beaten Hatton into the ring-post Floyd was taking no risks and was fighting on the backfoot.

Somehow Pacquiao is going to have to drag Floyd into going toe to toe at least once so he can land something of significance which could change the fight in an instant. If he does this he can end it because Floyd won't see the punches coming. Trouble is, Floyd is the most cautious fighter out there, deeply unexciting but very effective. He'll run all night and could pot-shot Pac to a wide UD or stop him late.

He has simply got to cut the ring off and force Floyd to stand and fight at some point. It's so difficult to fight someone who is hitting you as you're coming forward trying to hunt him down.

One thing was is surprising is how confident Roach is, but then he thinks the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight was close when it clearly wasn't so perhaps he doesn't have Mayweather as figured out as he thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
          I don't get this thread. You ask for what our fight plan will be and if it will work. Why the hell would someone make up a plan and say that it won't work?
          You're the "trainer" and you're in control of your fighter (Pacman.) Are you confident in "yourself" in that "your" plan will work against the "Multi-talented" Mayweather? You're judging "your" own plan not Freddie's.
          Last edited by Foodie One; 11-30-2009, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Winky Wright View Post
            and your plan is???
            the best strategy for pac to beat floyd is to brawl with him. keep the fight at a high speed, throw combos, cut the ring off, bait floyd to fight him toe to toe. pac should be more willing to see if he can take floyd's shots than floyd is willing to see if he can take pac's shots.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Winky Wright View Post
              your plan = no comment

Your plans awesome, I didn't even see that coming!

I just got flyoded hahahahahaha!
              i was getting some tacos..

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Any time Mayweather tried to trade with Hatton he came off second best, Hatton was too ferocious and he even had to jump out of the ring at one point and grazed his cheek in another skirmish. Mayweather's strength was to keep his opponent on the outside and fight on the backfoot, Cortez helped immensely with that. The fighters who trouble him the most are those who get inside his range and make him stand toe to toe but this doesn't happen often at all. Even when he knocked an already beaten Hatton into the ring-post Floyd was taking no risks and was fighting on the backfoot.

Somehow Pacquiao is going to have to drag Floyd into going toe to toe at least once so he can land something of significance which could change the fight in an instant. If he does this he can end it because Floyd won't see the punches coming. Trouble is, Floyd is the most cautious fighter out there, deeply unexciting but very effective. He'll run all night and could pot-shot Pac to a wide UD or stop him late.

He has simply got to cut the ring off and force Floyd to stand and fight at some point. It's so difficult to fight someone who is hitting you as you're coming forward trying to hunt him down.

One thing was is surprising is how confident Roach is, but then he thinks the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight was close when it clearly wasn't so perhaps he doesn't have Mayweather as figured out as he thinks.
                Bingo! co-sign bro!

Comment

there is no plan that would work against floyd he is the perfect fighter he has no weakness how can you come up with a gameplan for an undefeated it cant happen 40 fighters had a gameplan 40 fighters failed you line them up floyd beats them down

Comment

the best strategy for pac to beat floyd is to brawl with him. keep the fight at a high speed, throw combos, cut the ring off, bait floyd to fight him toe to toe. pac should be more willing to see if he can take floyd's shots than floyd is willing to see if he can take pac's shots.

"If Manny can find opening to make it a fight they he should commit to those chances"

sounds the same to me...

Comment

Originally posted by POUND4POUNDBEST View Post
                      there is no plan that would work against floyd he is the perfect fighter he has no weakness how can you come up with a gameplan for an undefeated it cant happen 40 fighters had a gameplan 40 fighters failed you line them up floyd beats them down
                      Did floyd tell you that, **** he told me that too! but unfortunately this is a post asking you what do you think would be a strategy... unless floyd is interchangeable with god, then I think he's human, and it's all strategy, like he says too.

Comment

Working...
                      X