Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys judge on who works harder between two elite fighters ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys judge on who works harder between two elite fighters ?

From time to time threads come up on which fighter works harder or hardest in the gym. How do you guys come up with your answers ??

I mean, there are some fighters who work extremely hard, maybe harder than a top P4P fighter but simply does not have the talent that it takes to reach the top.

For instance, people are always arguing about who works harder, PAC or Phony Boy, but, unless you have actually been in the gym with the two, then how can you really tell who works harder ?

The lil snippets of vids we see of those two, it's really difficult to make that determination. One thing is clear to me though, Phony Boy's pad work doesn't top PAC's pad work and PAC's jump rope workout does not match Phony Boy's jump rope routine, hehe.

I for one have personally seen PAC workout, I have yet to see Phony Boy in person, so, I can't judge based on that.

But, if I were to base it on the numerous training vids of the two that's out there, my impression is that PAC works harder, just based on the vids alone.
    Last edited by 1 on 1; 04-23-2010, 02:34 PM.

sparmates.........................steve forbes.................

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
      sparmates.........................steve forbes.................
      Yeah right, he's a Mayweather loyalist. I'll tell you what though, he seems to have a newfound of respect for PAC.

In one of his interviews, he mentions(i'm paraphrasing) that when you watch PAC, it looks like he's just brawling, but when you actually spar him, he was surprised by the level of skill PAC was displaying.

Comment

they both train hard... Pac just trains longer... like a dumb farmer, and it works for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 on 1 View Post
          Yeah right, he's a Mayweather loyalist. I'll tell you what though, he seems to have a newfound of respect for PAC.

In one of his interviews, he mentions(i'm paraphrasing) that when you watch PAC, it looks like he's just brawling, but when you actually spar him, he was surprised by the level of skill PAC was displaying.
          It boggles my mind, how can a man that is NOT an elite boxer call an Elite boxer Phony Boy?
          And then call another man a "Mayweather Loyalist", when he himself slobs the nutts of Pac.

Floyds training has always been ledgend, while Pacs has just gotten notice recently.
          If you knew anything, ud know that pad work is not about power. Manny hits the pads, Floyd works the pads, defense, angles, balance, tech and so on.
          All around, Floyds work is better and it shows in his all around fight game. And when u have it, its not always about working harder but smarter.

Comment

There's no way to really tell. There's what you hear and read about, but no one can tell unless you have all the HBO 24/7 footage of all the training sessions. And even then, it's not easy to gauge when you see two guys training their asses off.

Comment

You can only go by what they show in the ring. If fighters are busting their asses in the gym, it will show on fight night amongst the elite of the sport.

Comment

Working...
              X