Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: No Doubt Saul Can KO 'No Defense' Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    I think Canelo is a better combination puncher than Lemieux but not a harder puncher.

agree, but he is obviously much more effective

Comment

• power..... is over-rated

power has never been prerequisite to winning a boxing match

" degree's " of power, especially between fighters of different levels/calibre..... is really over-rated

Canelo hits way hard enough to get anyone's respect, and he is sharp..... meaning he will touch you often, and more effectively

I have seen club fighters with great power

I have seen club fighters with great power LOSE, often

Lemieux did nothing to prepare Golovkin for Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        power..... is over-rated

" degree's " of power, especially between fighters of different levels/calibre..... is really over-rated

Canelo hits way hard enough to get anyone's respect, and he is sharp..... meaning he will touch you often, and more effectively

Power matters a lot in this fight with Golovkin. If Canelo can't hurt G he is going to lose. I'm not saying knock G out but he has to punch hard enough so G doesn't walk through him. Since G appears to have a good chin and Canelo is no Mayweather it is going to be a huge factor.

Comment

• For their sake they better not be operating on the belief Golovkin lacks defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Power matters a lot in this fight with Golovkin. If Canelo can't hurt G he is going to lose. I'm not saying knock G out but he has to punch hard enough so G doesn't walk through him. Since G appears to have a good chin and Canelo is no Mayweather it is going to be a huge factor.

no it does not

you guys said all that same shht about Mayweather

and, you guys said it for about 15 years

Canelo easily punches sharp enough to keep Golovkin honest, he will have GOlovkin's respect in the first round if he fights smart

the best fighter will win, not the strongest

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              For their sake they better not be operating on the belief Golovkin lacks defense.

Golovkin lacks defense, and Canelo is real sharp.

Comment

• Canelo isn't Mayweather. Mayweather is a master boxer. He could get away with not having outstanding power. Canelo doesn't have Mayweather skill set . Guys like Sweet Pea and Mayweather are in a different league. Canelo doesn't move around the ring like those two. If you don't think power matters look at the first Pavlik Taylor fight as an example.

Comment

I doubt that Canelo carries more power than Lemieux, but he is a much better (more effective) puncher..... a lot of that comes down to ringIQ/timing, and he sets up his combinations a lot better

we really shouldn't be using Lemieux as any kind of measuring stick for Canelo, they are levels apart

once he has established his jab..... Ward uses it as a range-finder, a feint, a scoring shot, and to set up other punches..... all at once

his punch selection and timing are off the charts, he literally beat Kovalev with his left hand

Golovkin has an excellent telephone-pole jab..... but Ward is a more well-rounded fighter who can adapt to any style..... he never fights the same way, and his jab is the key to that
                  Thank you for the good breakdown. I think I find Golovkin's jab to be my favorite subjectively because there are so many varieties to the jab and his is what I prefer at the moment, but could change over time.

Strictly speaking on power between Lemieux and Canelo, I feel that Lemieux wings his punches to generate power where as Canelo simply uses proper technique and his punching ability.

Comment

power..... is over-rated

Firstly, these are not club fighters, second, which of canelos last 4 fights has done anything to prepare canelo for ggg, canelo got tired hitting Jnr, imagine when he is pressured relentlessly how his stamina will be, you are very one dimensional the way you access fights

Comment

• Originally posted by ghost94 View Post
                      Thank you for the good breakdown. I think I find Golovkin's jab to be my favorite subjectively because there are so many varieties to the jab and his is what I prefer at the moment, but could change over time.

Strictly speaking on power between Lemieux and Canelo, I feel that Lemieux wings his punches to generate power where as Canelo simply uses proper technique and his punching ability.

exactly, good call

Comment

Working...
                      X