No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spike's TV Deal With Premier Boxing Champions Has Ended

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
    Dude you have it all wrong. What, as boxing fans we should just shut the fuk up and just be happy that there is boxing on free tv and don't care about the product that is shown to us? Fuk that.

I'm a true fan and as a true fan I want boxing available for free for years and years to come. I'm not looking for some fly by night broadcast that will be shown for a couple years only. As real fans we should be the most vocal and don't expect an inferior product. Most of you Haymon fanboys act like a typical casual fan.

Al Haymon had a good concept going in. But when he went on this shopping spree buy channel after channel and for the most part putting on mismatches for his best fighters and paying them ridiculous amounts of money. It was obvious he was doing this only to fleece that investor money into his pockets.

If he truly was looking at this as a long term thing. Then he wouldn't have went crazy with that money the first year.

Fuk he had enough money going in to broadcast a very big fight once a month and small lower level fights inbetween and focus on a consistent schedule instead of this cluster fuk of fights on who knows what channels.
    Don't act like Haymon is the only one that put on mismatches. I guarantee the only time you and the other cheerleaders complain is when it's a Haymon fighter. As far as too many channels, explain to me why that's a bad thing. Maybe it's a bad business deal for him and his investors but what does that have to do with the fans? If you don't want to see Lomachenko clown a 25-1 underdog don't watch. But I'm sure you did. When you watch a movie do you change your mind because you don't like the producer of the movie or stop to think which company made it? I don't understand why some boxing fans seem to think they're experts on the business side of boxing.
    Last edited by HarvardBlue; 04-12-2017, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I knew this day would come from the beginning. Haymon had too many fighters. PBC was going to be ESPN Friday Night Fights 2.0 with a rare good fight once and a while which was showed on CBS not Spike. The casuals probably know 2% of PBC fighters. They would never waste a Friday or Saturday night to see 2 fighters they never heard of. The only time casuals watched is when it was a big fight like Broner vs Porter, Garcia vs Thurman. The mismatches were only watched by hardcore fans, depending how bad the mismatch was would depend on the final rating number. I'm guilty myself I didn't watch all the garbage fights like Lara vs the old injured Foreman I had better things to do.
      Last edited by latinbrawler316; 04-12-2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Too bad but what do you expect?

As much as it would have been good to have PBC succeed how was it ever possible? How many stars does Haymon really have? How many proper cards have we seen since PBC started? I mean he has a massive stable of fighters, there were plenty of good fights to be made but we got f!ck all.

He has the WBC HW Champion and we have yet to see Wilder fight anyone with a pulse...That says it all.

And the production itself was terrible.....it was corny TV with bad commentating, graphics and the whole thing was hard to get through. I felt like I was watching UFC with that one guy yelling all the time, and that chick that didn't know s!it about boxing with blunder after blunder...

With a billion dollars so much could have been done, but it does indeed look like a scheme to just spend investor money as quickly as possible with zero true intent of growing the sport.

Gotta give Haymon props to getting people to commit a cool billion. The man must have sold it as the next UFC and in the end just blew money fast to get his share....Those purses were ridiculous...

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          Don't act like Haymon is the only one that put on mismatches. I guarantee the only time you and the other cheerleaders complain is when it's a Haymon fighter. As far as too many channels, explain to me why that's a bad thing. Maybe it's a bad business deal for him and his investors but what does that have to do with the fans? If you don't want to see Lomachenko clown a 25-1 underdog don't watch. But I'm sure you did. When you watch a movie do you change your mind because you don't like the producer of the movie or stop to think which company made it? I don't understand why some boxing fans seem to think they're experts on the business side of boxing.
          Dude I don't have hbo.

But if you going by the well the other promoters and networks put on mismatches too. Then i guess you admit that Haymon is just like them huh? Now you know why he's failing.
          Last edited by True-Boxing-Fan; 04-12-2017, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Don't act like Haymon is the only one that put on mismatches.
            Why the need to draw comparisons? Why not treat PBC Haymon in isolation?

I really don't get promoter/network fanboys.

They are all in this for the $$$ and give no f~cks about the fans or the sport.

It's clear that Haymon has zero interest in fans or sport, otherwise he could have, with his stable put out at least 6 good cards a year and have some proper fights for us all to see.........instead we got nothing.

Comment

Dude I don't have hbo.

But if you going by the well the other promoters and networks put on mismatches too. Then i guess you admit that Haymon is just like them huh?
              They're all the same....but at least that piece of sh2t uncle bob tries to build fighters, mismatches or not, put on some shows...

PBC didn't even have mismatches....they had two cans fighting the main event half the time...why?

I've been on this site since 2004, and half the time I'd have to check boxrec for PBC fights because I had no clue who these guys were..I guess call me a casual.......I can only name the top 5 for each division....going into #15 ranked at 'insert weight class' is a little too hardcore for me.

He has a few top prospects fighting cans or not fighting at all. Some big names just sitting there....
              Last edited by Banderivets; 04-12-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Dude I don't have hbo.

But if you going by the well the other promoters and networks put on mismatches too. Then i guess you admit that Haymon is just like them huh? Now you know why he's failing.
                I never claimed that he was different or cared.

Comment

Don't act like Haymon is the only one that put on mismatches. If you don't want to see Lomachenko clown a 25-1 underdog don't watch. But I'm sure you did.
                  Looking at the Main Events
                  Loma vs Walters and Loma vs Sosa >>>> Wilder vs some bum, Stevenson vs some bum, Broner vs some bum, prospect vs some bum, bum A vs bum B.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                    Why the need to draw comparisons? Why not treat PBC Haymon in isolation?

I really don't get promoter/network fanboys.

They are all in this for the $$$ and give no f~cks about the fans or the sport.

It's clear that Haymon has zero interest in fans or sport, otherwise he could have, with his stable put out at least 6 good cards a year and have some proper fights for us all to see.........instead we got nothing.
                    I'm not drawing a comparison I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of some fans. If you're a fan of the sport you would worry less about Al Haymon and more about the overall state of sport. All we're getting are either mismatches or divas holding up good fights.

Comment

Saw this. Spike going in heavy on Bellator mma and wasn't happy with the programming. Shame but this what happens when you don't put your best product on tv.

Comment

Working...
                      X