Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: I Won 8 of 12 Rounds, I Expected To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiberalGuy View Post
    WARCottotheWarriorSoldier at it again.

Don't worry. "Amazing comeback Cotto 4.0" soon, against some cripples. He will earn another big money fight and lose it like always.

Cotto is all smoke and mirrors, He has never beaten any elite fighter. He pays step aside fees to fight for championship at weight classes (154 and 160) he has never really campaigned at or even fought any real contenders at. He gets beat by Trout handily and does'nt ask for a rematch? Who has he fought at 154 0r 160? He beat up one legged bums in Yuri Foreman and Sergio Martinez to win those championship. Canelo on the other hand has fought decent opponents, Lara, Trout and Kirkland.
    Cottos biggest claim to being elite is a good fight with Mayweather.

Comment

• The way I feel is that the fight was so close that it could have very well had been a draw. Canelo landed the harder shots but it DEFINITELY seemed like Cotto still outlanded him and I'm not sure if people noticed but in a few of the later rounds, it looked like Canelo was starting to feel those shots and started avoiding them more often. That's what happens when people take too many punches.

I don't know why so many people are on Cotto's case. Anytime when a fight is close, the person who lost is going to think he/she really won. That's always been the case. I'm not really surprised at how Cotto feel. Anybody would feel that way.

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
      He gets murdered if he ever competes against fully fledged middleweights. Don't expect him to fight GGG any time soon, maybe a fight versus Lemiuex in a couple of years.
      I think it would look pretty bad for Canelo if he doesn't face GGG somewhere next year.
      Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 11-24-2015, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
        http://boxrec.com/boxer/328611

http://boxrec.com/boxer/62137

http://boxrec.com/boxer/457231

Kirkland, Lara, and Trout have all weighed in higher than Canelo. These are facts but nobody calls them out lol because they aren't targeted by pathetic, hating, fanboys like you.
        Im not a hater but I looked at all those links and I think you're reading it all wrong. Those are fight night weights. And none of any of the guys you listed weighs more than Canelo on fight night. So don't be naive or biased. Canelo is big for super middleweight, middleweight should definitely be his weight class. All those guys are legitimate super welters.

Comment

• Cotto reminds me of my ex wife. An entitled Diva where it's all about them! Entitled people like Cotto usually see it different to the mainstream so I'm not surprised his scoring is the opposite to what actually happened. Hopefully cotto retires now because boxing fans are sick & tired of boxers who think there bigger than the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolbreez12 View Post
            Im not a hater but I looked at all those links and I think you're reading it all wrong. Those are fight night weights. And none of any of the guys you listed weighs more than Canelo on fight night. So don't be naive or biased. Canelo is big for super middleweight, middleweight should definitely be his weight class. All those guys are legitimate super welters.
            Lol are you ******ed or just trolling me? those are not fight night weights

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              I gave Cotto 3 rounds out of generosity more than anything.

They were 3 close rounds though.
              Ya that's what I gave em too. Maybe 4 if I'm feeling really nice. I don't know where people can honestly give Cotto the win. Or say it was that close. It was pretty clear to me who won. Cotto was fighting scared. His power non-existent bc he was scared to sit down on anything. I was screaming at him the whole fight to punch through Canelo, he was pulling everything. Canelo was much sharper and put together beautiful combinations that had me scared for Cotto's well being.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                Lol are you ******ed or just trolling me? those are not fight night weights
                Haha fair enough. I was out drinking, just skimmed through. I don't use BoxRec. Either way, Canelo does need to be fighting in the middleweight division. Not hating, just keeping it real.

Comment

• 115-113 canelo, canelo sealed the deal winning the twelfth

Good volume and movement from cotto just to hard to do it for so many rounds against a huge guy. Couldn't put a dent on him even though he did try and sit on some punches. He couldn't wear him down enough or else I think he would of won but probably not with the judges sadly.

Canelo very intelligently paced himself although kind of boring but picked his spots and landed well. A lot of single shots but countered well and had good defense.

Had cotto up by two early on but Canelo came back strong and finished in the twelfth. He didn't want to risk trying to get cotto outta there, even though I think he could of imo.

Hopes he fights GGG but he's going to need more stamina and power than that. Don't c it well for canelo at all without wearing down cause of lack of stamina.

Comment

• Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                    [/B]
                    Cotto is all smoke and mirrors, He has never beaten any elite fighter. He pays step aside fees to fight for championship at weight classes (154 and 160) he has never really campaigned at or even fought any real contenders at. He gets beat by Trout handily and does'nt ask for a rematch? Who has he fought at 154 0r 160? He beat up one legged bums in Yuri Foreman and Sergio Martinez to win those championship. Canelo on the other hand has fought decent opponents, Lara, Trout and Kirkland.
                    Cottos biggest claim to being elite is a good fight with Mayweather.
                    Canelo is NOT an elite level fighter, and even if he were it would be a testament to how poor the junior/middleweight divisions are. Golovkin is the ONLY elite level middleweight, thus the reason Canelo wants zero part of him.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X