Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Best Light-Heavyweight in the World?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i wanted to know who the Lineal Champ was, i would have googled it...............

Comment

I say probably Hopkins because he could beat the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        I say probably Hopkins because he could beat the other two.
        if i twas based on hypothesis then yeah, Hops might be the best but I personally don't think he would.

Stevenson is clearly the best, he beat the guy who beat Hops, winning the lineal crown in the process, beat a no. 1 contender, beat a former titlist and just now beat a decent fighter.

In that times Hops lost to Dawson, beat Cloud (AS beat him better) and Shumenov (good win!).

Kovalev has beaten Sillakh and Cleverly as his 2 best wins and possibly Campillo.

There is no way, that objectively speaking, Kovalev is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          if i twas based on hypothesis then yeah, Hops might be the best but I personally don't think he would.

Stevenson is clearly the best, he beat the guy who beat Hops, winning the lineal crown in the process, beat a no. 1 contender, beat a former titlist and just now beat a decent fighter.

In that times Hops lost to Dawson, beat Cloud (AS beat him better) and Shumenov (good win!).

Kovalev has beaten Sillakh and Cleverly as his 2 best wins and possibly Campillo.

There is a difference between resume and ability. People can use the "eye test" and think Kovalev is the best because they are intelligent enough to do so.

Comment

Boxing and triangle theories are like oil and water.

You should know that by now.

Styles make fights. Hopkins would take Stevenson to school.

Comment

Why are you talking up Stevenson and Hopkins and downplaying Kovalev? Cloud lost to Campillo before Hopkins or Stevenson, that is not a win worth mentioning at all. Bellew lost to Cleverly. Dawson hadn't done anything other than beat Hopkins in recent memory. He got drained and destroyed against Ward and lost to Pascal before that. Kovalev beating Campillo and Cleverly means a lot more than you are suggesting.

We can play the triangle game with all these guys, because none of them has separated themselves from the others. None of these guys deserve to be called the best light heavyweight. They haven't proven it.

Comment

As of last night I thought Stevenson had the best chance to beat the other two but damn, he looked so ordinary last night! He got hit a lot and couldn't seal the deal. I'm not sure anymore but I think Granpa might just find a way to beat them both!

Comment

Working...
                X