Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chin Debate. Does Knock downs count towards your chin ratings? I think KD'S do.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chin Debate. Does Knock downs count towards your chin ratings? I think KD'S do.

I hear some people say 'oh JMM and Tito' are fine, because when they get knocked down, they get up.

I disagree.. They do get up, but that still means their chins are not that good. Not glass obviously, but I say average.

The Bottom Line is

IF YOU GET KNOCKED DOWN THAT = -1 Point towards your overall chin ratings in my opinion.

It doesn't matter even if you never get knocked out... if you get knocked down like 40 times... you have a weak chin. You just got good recovery power..
    Yes
    52.83%
    No- only if you get knocked out as well
    47.17%
    Last edited by Skittlez; 01-11-2013, 02:20 PM.

i voted no but in a way im kinda on the fence about it. Yea if you get knocked down your chin isnt as sturdy as someone who doesnt get knocked down. But also just cause you get knocked down doesnt really mean you will get knocked out eventually. Obviously fighters like judah and khan have weak ass chins but id say fighters like marquez that get knocked down on occasion still have a sturdy chin overall

Comment

IMO, they do if you get hurt. Some KDs can be a result of bad balance/flash kds and dont necessarily mean a fighter has a bad chin.

Comment

Nah...

Flash knockdowns or people hitting you bang on the sweet spot would suggest a good / lucky punch rather than a bad chin...

Also this isn't even taking into account knock downs via body shots.

However, if someone got knocked down 40 times... and got back up, yes theyve just got good recovery power

Comment

I don't know about Knockdowns because there are some really stupid people on this board who over the years have said that Juan Manuel Marquez has a week chin which is complete BS.

Comment

Depends on if the fighter is really hurt or not.

Flash knockdowns can happen to anyone.

Comment

No, because many times getting knocked down means you just were caught off balance and has nothing to do with your ability to take a shot.

Trinidad got knocked down most of the time that way.

Comment

pfft no, lots of KD's are the result of being off balance .... compare/contract a Gamboa KD vs a Khan KD, where the former [Gamboa] gets KD'd he gets back up and shakes off the flash and proceeds to dominate...where as Khan when getting KD' has no legs at all.

Comment

I think it has as much to do with the punch as it does the chin.

Comment

Weak chin:

A fighter with a "bad chin", refers to fighters with limited ability to absorb punishment to the chin. A fighter who is often floored could be said to have a 'suspect' chin.

Comment

Working...
                    X