No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Brook-Alexander, Response to Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn on Brook-Alexander, Response to Amir Khan

Kell Brook will set aside his desire to knock-out Amir Khan in order to reach his dream of winning a world title, according to promoter Eddie Hearn.

The unbeaten Sheffield light-welterweight last month earned the right to be the IBF mandatory challenger with a third-round demolition of Hector Saldivia, but suggested afterwards he may opt to pursue a domestic grudge match with Khan instead.

But after talks with Hearn, the 26-year-old looks set to head stateside in January for a fight with current belt holder Devon Alexander, who won the title last month with a points win over Randall Bailey.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There's a very fine line between self-promotion and foolish arrogance. Khan's recent beat-downs have humbled him down just a touch - which is good. But he really needs to cease calling out other fighters until after he gets in the ring this next time - there's a chance the chin could be finished.

Comment

A Brook/Khan fight is too good 2 b true for us brits. I just don't see it happening that easily for next summer. Give it 18 months and they'll still be *****ing about each otherand we won't be any further down the line.

Comment

Would be an enormous fight. Massive added incentive for Kell Brook to beat Alexander. Would be the biggest domestic fight in the last decade.

Comment

Brook knows if he wins this fight, Khan will be coming soon.

He's not cutting any corners for this fight.

Comment

Brook vs Khan fight would be a good one in the future but Brook has to beat Devon first which i dont see him doing.

Comment

So in other words, this fight will never happen. I don't see them ever making it past the negotiations TBH (the purse split being the sticking point).

Besides the fact that everyone knows there is no love lost between Amir and Hearn, I don't see either of their massive egos bowing down to the others. Even if the purse split was somehow miraculously agreed to... it would be - whose name will go first on promotions, who can wear the brightest trunks, who gets to go to the bathroom first etc. etc. I don't think anyone should hold their breath for this fight any time in the near future - especially if they both WIN their next fights.

Comment

Can't wait till Brook destroys Devon.

Comment

I want to see what will happen with Brook - Alexander, and where it will be staged. I get the feeling these are two fighters that don't like to travel, and only feel comfortable in their own backyard.

Will Goldenboy outbid Hearns to make sure Alexander has the edge? I think Hearns can make more money in the UK so he'll bring more money to the table, but GB presumably has a bigger budget and could outbid Hearns should they desire so.

Obviously, we'd love to see Khan fight the winner, but they haven't even made Alexander - Brook yet. That date could be far far off. I think Alexander can outbox Brook, but I don't know for how long. Similarly to how Khan outboxed Garcia for a bit, but got clocked; I could see something similar happening with Alexander-Brook, with Alexander outboxing Brook for a short while before getting hurt. Brook looks like an aggressive fighter, but he looks open too, so who knows? Just give us a date already.
                  Last edited by BrokenHat; 11-13-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                    So in other words, this fight will never happen. I don't see them ever making it past the negotiations TBH (the purse split being the sticking point).

Besides the fact that everyone knows there is no love lost between Amir and Hearn, I don't see either of their massive egos bowing down to the others. Even if the purse split was somehow miraculously agreed to... it would be - whose name will go first on promotions, who can wear the brightest trunks, who gets to go to the bathroom first etc. etc. I don't think anyone should hold their breath for this fight any time in the near future - especially if they both WIN their next fights.
                    If it's on PPV over here in the UK (which I'm almost certain it will be) then each fighter will stand to make prob 5M+. That's a lot of money and I'm sure it will do huge ratings with the rivalry building up over time and I'm sure thebuild up would be huge sky sports would make sure of that.

IMO if both fighters win there next 2 fights then it will get made.

Comment

Working...
                    X