Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Nonito Donaire: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people on here are so fickle

Rigo didn't even get knocked down or seriously hurt and knocked Roberto down twice.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
      hell, dont even think rigo beats vasquez jr...
      lol................

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
        lol................
        im serious...i see rigo as the ismayl sillakh of the lowerweights....same hype same ending...

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
          im serious...i see rigo as the ismayl sillakh of the lowerweights....same hype same ending...
          One tiny little detail, Rigo is one of the best amateurs EVER, top 5 easily. If he had a glass chin we'd know about it, no matter how good his defence is.

Comment

I will come back and laugh my A$$ Off and all these Back and Forth Bandwagon fans if they fight and Rigondeaux beats Donaire

And I got Rigondeaux KILLING Donaire with Body Shots, once he feels that left to the Body Donaire will become reluctant to throw punches like all of Rigondeaux opponents so far and it will turn into a boring fight with Rigodeaux doing what he wants

Rigondeaux by Decision
            Last edited by sicko; 09-17-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              One tiny little detail, Rigo is one of the best amateurs EVER, top 5 easily. If he had a glass chin we'd know about it, no matter how good his defence is.
              one fact : olympic boxing is trash

..and this aint the mateurs anymore...and yes, we already know his chin aint that good with just 11 fights ..2 already showed that..cordoba and marroquin whom are really aint that good to begin with..

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                I think this is a good post. Donaire can be inconsistent with his activity and fights with more talent than smarts. He can sometimes be predictable. That said, if he lands what Marroquin did (and he could; 12 rounds is a long night), that's a bad scene for Rigo. I'd favor Donaire solidly if they fought on activity because he'd move his hands more.

The one fighter I think would take Rigo apart, tactically, is Moreno. Volume and defense would blunt Rigo's too precise offense.

moreno might be the class of the lower weights

he and mares is one to look forward to.

i think he'd swamp donaire as well. donaire has trouble with guys who can box and take his gas. if moreno can take his gas and isn't robbed he'll win the fight.

would you classify donaire as overrated, cliff?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  I will come back and laugh my A$$ Off and all these Back and Forth Bandwagon fans if they fight and Rigondeaux beats Donaire

And I got Rigondeaux KILLING Donaire with Body Shots, once he feels that left to the Body Donaire will become reluctant to throw punches like all of Rigondeaux opponents so far and it will turn into a boring fight with Rigodeaux doing what he wants

Rigondeaux by Decision
                  Seriously. I don't know why anyone is writing off Rigo against Donaire. "Rigo got caught with the left hook and Donaire has one of the best left hooks in the game." Donaire is also prone to giving away rounds while waiting for a chance to land that vaunted hook. Donaire tends to fight small with very low hands at times whereas Marroquin was fully using his length to his advantage in many rounds.

The Rigo that fought Marroquin is about 50/50 with the Donaire that fought Mathebula. Donaire needs to bring his A game and drop the piss poor Roy Jones impersonation or he might need to rely on the judges to win the fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    Some ppl here forgetting to mention all the distractions Rigondeaux has leading up to the fight, they not mentioning that Rigondeaux was in Miami this past Wednesday in court and then flew to Vegas with only two or three days to get acclimated, he was fighting a big puncher with over 300 amateurs fights that fight night look like he was a lightweight instead of a 122, Marroquin was in Vegas from the beginning and ppl doesn't give him credit but he is a good young fighter, still Rigondeaux won a least 10 or 11 rounds, he put him down hard twice, the last was a beautiful combo and it was obvious that he didn't have confidence in his stamina for the twelve rounds, the two times he got hit one he was on the ropes and it was a good shot, imo if Marroquin land that bomb on anyone else the fight will be over, the second was on top of his head while clowning and lost balance, nothing to worry about it, I think he have a good chin because the Marroquin can punch and the first one was flush, stilll Rigondeaux never lost sight of what he needs to do neither was rattle by the punch, the fight needs to happen and Rigondeaux will not be bore with Nonito like he gets when outclassing others fighters.
                    Guillermo's performance was obviously very good; he won almost every round with ease. But it's the way he was affected by those two shots that concerns me. I disagree that the first punch was flush. It was perfectly timed and well-placed, but it didn't connect with full force. The replay shows that very clearly. Flush is what Pacquiao smashed Hatton with, the kind of punch that sends a man into the abyss.

Rigo was showboating in the corner for the second shot. He might've been a little off-balance when it landed, but he was clearly affected. Why else would he clinch and hold on? I'm not saying that Guillermo was terribly hurt by either blow, but they weren't crushing shots, either; and Marroquin, while a solid puncher, isn't known for his knockout power.

I realize that Robert is a good fighter, but I think quite highly of Rigondeaux's ability. He's simply on another level. I believe that Guillermo ought to be disposing of guys like Marroquin without getting rocked twice in the course of twelve rounds. Rigo may not have had an ideal situation leading up to the fight, but neither did Robert. Did the challenges Guillermo faced with the court dates affect his punch-resistance but not his dominance of Marroquin? I doubt it.

Comment

As a boxing fan I would love to see this fight, but it could be hit or miss. They both can be explosive and its definitely a interesting match up. Rigo's style would probably make for a snoozer though. Donaire doesn't look good against slick fighter like Rigo, its a even fight IMO.
                      I really would much rather see Rigondeaux vs Santa Cruz. They said that was Santa Cruz's last fight at 118. He throws a ton of punches and probably has the best left hook to the body at 118 or 122. Santa Cruz is the kind of fighter that would make for great fights with anyone at 122, but I would love to see how Rigo would look against that kind of pressure.

Comment

Working...
                      X