No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Interesting. Rigo obviously did better than vs Cordoba. It seems like he still has to learn his way around taller guys. Ill be the first one to say Im disappointed tonight. Not cause he didnt the KO but because he has completely gotten away from his bodywork. Body shots is what has made Rigo and 2 fights in a row now he has done 0 of it. Tonight he did some in round 5 I believe and you could see it had some effect on Marroquin by the time the round ended. After that he didnt do any of the bodywork, at least up to the 8th when I walked out.
    He actually didn't neglect the body, but he just didn't throw AS much as I would've liked him to and he wasn't AS effective as he usually is. He wasn't throwing enough head/body combinations, only pot-shoting to the midsection.

Comment

• Dude Martinez is gonna get KTFO. He leaves his chin out there big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        He actually didn't neglect the body, but he just didn't throw AS much as I would've liked him to and he wasn't AS effective as he usually is. He wasn't throwing enough head/body combinations, only pot-shoting to the midsection.
        Dude, don't try to stick up for the guy. He pissed me off. From round 1-8 he only did serious bodywork during the 5th or 6th. Before and after that all he did was throw straight lefts or the right to the body... that was it. I can't tell you what he did from 9th to 12th cause I had to step out.

Now let's talk about the Kennedy fight. What body work did he do? He was KDing Kennedy from headshots and never went to the body. If he did, Kennedy would've been KOed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Dude Martinez is gonna get KTFO. He leaves his chin out there big time.
          He looks unsteady on his feet .... weird

Comment

• Martinez has a stuffy nose!

Comment

• End dis fight so we can get closer to da Martinez one

Comment

• [QUOTE=arraamis;12515947]He looks unsteady on his feet .... weird[

he's drugged. jr by ko

Comment

• damn I gotta take a dump but there is just too much sports on!

Comment

• Any news on Chavez's weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      damn I gotta take a dump but there is just too much sports on!
                      I'm seriously almost on overload.

These two cards, plus Stanford-USC.

Comment

Working...
                      X