Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why should I hate Canelo????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't hate Canelo but gingers are bad luck.

Comment

I always thought Canelo was a fabrication, then he started to improve and beat(some too close for comfort) some decent names. I could see his improvement so I started getting behind that train but these actions of calling GGG in the ring, the "we don't Phuck around", and then dropping the belt are not acceptable. Now I am back at thinking the guy is being protected because somebody in his teamrealize his limitations.

Comment

I am a big fan of both GGG and Canelo and I have never disliked Canelo for a single minute. Yeah, he ducked GGG. So what? Every middleweight champion except Lemieux also ducked GGG. Martinez, Cotto, Quillen, Jacobs and Saunders all refused to fight GGG so far. How is Canelo ducking GGG anymore hate worthy than the other top middleweights including Eubank ducking him? Most of his fights at the limit of 155 weren't for any title so he did nothing wrong there either. The single title fight he had at 155 was with Cotto. Cotto also wanted the fight at 155 so it was sort of a pretend middleweight title fight. I don't like middleweight title fights fought at any weight but 160 pounds but Cotto vs Canelo was really just a big money fight more than a title fight anyway. Canelo isn't trying to start a new 155 pound title. He is fighting a 154 pound champion for his title at 154 pounds next so what's the problem?

Comment

Personally, I like Canelo. I've enjoyed his fights, his style, and up until the whole GGG debacle, his cajones.

I don't give him a ton of cred for taking on Mayweather as despite his rising starpower at the time that was a win-win situation for him. However, taking on Trout/Lara showed me his desire to prove himself.

Truth be told I'd still be fully aboard the Canelo-train had he said after the Cotto fight something along the lines of him moving back to 154 and he'd fight GGG down the line. The fact that he basically called GGG into the ring and said a bunch of lies is what turned me off a bit. Still like the man, but he deserves the backlash he is receiving regarding his recent actions.

Comment

I really like him as a fighter, but everything else about him irks me the wrong way.
            1. The 155 CW was lame.
            2. When he talks how he gave up advantages to Floyd it's a whole bunch of BS (He 'drained' 2 lbs when he was 23. Give me a break).
            3. Everytime he talks about Golovkin it's "who has he fought?" Well, obviously not you since you're ducking him.
            4. "My body's not ready for MW" is BS. He's HUGE
            5. Fact that he's ALWAYS the bigger man in the ring. He's made a career of mastering rehydration in order to always have an advantage. People on NSB bash everyone for "not taking risks" - Floyd, Golovkin, Ward. But somehow Canelo gets a pass, even though he always holds the advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post
              GGG fans hate him because he is ducking GGG (no rational person would deny that).

The demographic 'love' him because he lost to Floyd.

Mexicans either love him because he is Mexican or hate him because he is white.

To he honest I've become a bigger fan of Canelo the more hate I've seen. I really want him to man the **** up and fight GGG because I think it's worth seeing.
              There is much to criticise Alvarez but if you're on here hating on the man, I'm sorry but there's nothing you can do to convince me that you're not a sentient estrogen molecule with access to the internet. Seriously, some of the people on here act like these boxers broke up their favourite boy band!

Comment

Why "hate" anyone? Let alone a boxer you've never met? Canelo is a boxer I enjoy. He has better than advertised skills, takes risky fights, and hurts people. I personally do not think Canelo is afraid of GGG in the slightest (also a big GGG fan here) but Oscar is rightfully scared to death of losing hs cash cow. So he'll milk him in perceived safe fights for as long as he can. That hurts the good will Canelo got by taking on Floyd, Lara, Trout and Cotto. All of that said, WAR BEEFY!!! I've never seen him fight, but I always root for the underdog. Even as a fan of Canelo I'm hoping this backfires.

Comment

Working...
                X