Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua needs to raise his profile in America.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Joshua needs to raise his profile in America.

I would think in order for Showtime to recoup their investment it's going to take Joshua becoming a star in America and fighting in America on Showtime during primetime. Not those 5pm fights. Since he signed that deal he hasn't been back to America. After his last fight he said he was going to take some time off. He should've been in America doing press tours. He should've been at the Frampton-LSC fight and the Crawford-Postol fight, Eubank Jr was there. If they're trying to set up a Wilder vs. Joshua PPV the people in America needs to know who Joshua is. He should've been at the Wilder fight in July. He needs to be over here getting his picture taken by the papparazzi with Rihanna or a Kardashian. He's a nice looking guy and would become a star with the ladies over here. But does Hearn really want that? If he becomes a superstar here that means less fights in the UK.

I agree and he definitely should have been at Wilders last fight, but what that tells us is a fight between those two are way off

Eddie Hearn has been hinting lately that something is being done with AJ in regards to the US though so expect to hear something in a week or so.

Hopefully it ties in with matchroom doing a show there.

Comment

Not just America, remember this is a worldwide sport. Joshua should raise his profile through out the world. To Japan where Douglas pulled an all time great upset, to Germany where even Wlad sells out the venue, and other places.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        Not just America, remember this is a worldwide sport. Joshua should raise his profile through out the world. To Japan where Douglas pulled an all time great upset, to Germany where even Wlad sells out the venue, and other places.
        Becoming a star in America automatically makes you a star worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Becoming a star in America automatically makes you a star worldwide.
          Not entirely true. It does give Joshua the biggest boost.

Comment

UK is where the money is at for Joshua, Americans aren't even getting behind their American title holder.

Comment

I'm sure he'll have some big fights in the US down the line, but I think he became such a big star in the UK so quickly that he'll probably fight there for the majority of his career. I don't think it will be a situation like Lennox, where all his big fights after getting a title happened in the US. We'll probably only get to see Joshua in the states when it's huge showdowns against American fighters. He's just too big in the UK already. He could legitimately fight Price or Chisora and fill Wembley I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                I'm sure he'll have some big fights in the US down the line, but I think he became such a big star in the UK so quickly that he'll probably fight there for the majority of his career. I don't think it will be a situation like Lennox, where all his big fights after getting a title happened in the US. We'll probably only get to see Joshua in the states when it's huge showdowns against American fighters. He's just too big in the UK already. He could legitimately fight Price or Chisora and fill Wembley I think.
                That's were the money was at that time, there's just not the interest in America for HW's for Joshua to give a damn about it. The UK is the home of HW boxing atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                  That's were the money was at that time, there's just not the interest in America for HW's for Joshua to give a damn about it. The UK is the home of HW boxing atm.
                  You're correct. There's simply no need for him to come to the US to fight, except for global exposure I guess. But he could fight in the UK for the rest of his life and never have to worry about money again.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    When he sees the difference in his purse from $20 a ppv to $70 a ppv he'll be fighting in America a lot more.

Comment

Working...
                    X