Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia confirms Maidana turned down a high paying 3 fight deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He beat floyd twice, there is nothing left for him to prove. You can't blame him.

Comment

I don't see him coming back

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        I don't see him coming back
        Maidana will cut weight and return to clean out the WW division. Wars with Brook and Bradley, stops Thurman, Porter, and Garcia early.

Comment

If maidana comes back now he is just being stupid cause, if they were offering him a 3 fight deal then you talking millions each fight and he turned that down and his hype and buzz is gone so if he come back the deals arent gonna be that sweet anymore.

I personally think Maidana was just too much in love with his chich probably the first time dude was really inlove with someone and just wanted to be lost in love lol. It happens.

Comment

Maidana is finished. Cherish and appreciate the wonderful moments have gave us in the ring , fighters like him dont come around often

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              I have to disagree bro, I dont think any fighter likes to lose unless its losing to Floyd because its kind of a given and you are paid well to not take that much punishment. I have a feeling that the multi million dollar contract offered wasnt to fight the Rod Salkas of boxing, I am pretty sure they were going to match Maidana real tough against young hungry guys like a stepping stone and honestly if Maidanas living like a king in Argentina, why take a risk (health and career) of looking bad against up and comers when you were once at the pennicle of the sport. Maidana threw a wrench in PBC's plans and they were willing to throw alot of $$$ in his direction to gain what they lost in Broner.
              I agree with you here .

Comment

I like it when fighters stick to retirement. Most that comes back do so for the money at an older age, hopefully he wouldn't be one of them. Money should NOT be the only motivation when boxing.

Comment

Future generations of Maidanas can thank Adrien Broner for their good fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    Maidana knows he hit the lottery. When you think of it, who ever thought he would reach the heights that he did with his skillset? He was an overachiever far beyond anyone including himself expected.

He has enough cash to retire and live a good life. All the power to him.
                    He did overachieve but one more fight in 2015 would have paid enough to buy two more ranches in Argentina. Even if he took it at 154. One more 6 week camp could have earned him a million dollars.

I can see both sides of it, but after 20 years of work getting there, 6 more weeks would have been well worth it.

Comment

What a lot of people don't realize is that Maidana's boxing style requires a lot of motivation and sheer willpower. It's not a style that ages well. It's a young man's style. Just look at that first fight with Mayweather. Maidana left it all in the ring. Mayweather was in fear for his life. Look at my sig.

Comment

Working...
                      X