Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would Mayweather's career been like if he had lost that '0' vs Castillo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      I don't think it wouldve changed much seeing as he gave him an immediate rematch. Floyds teanm treated the win like a loss and got right back on plan after therematch.
      ^^^this right here. I remember the interview after the fight and floyd hearing boos and sht. He gave Castillo an immediate rematch to close all doubts. Even now floyd has rematch clauses in his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by TonkaJones View Post
        What would Mayweather's career been like if he had lost that '0' vs Castillo? This is not about whether Castillo should have got decision more whether Mayweather would have been less cautious in choosing opponents if he wasn't too wary of losing his undefeated record. I'm a huge Mayweather fan but if he lost that '0' vs Castillo would we have seen him take the Margarito fight & pick him apart? Would we have seen Mayweather-Tszyu at LWW? Would we have seen him fight Pac when it really mattered a few years ago? (not saying only Mayweather is to blame for that one) What else would we have seen? Please discuss

It would of set up a nice trilogy. JLC takes the 3rd fight IMO.

Comment

I really dont think things would change much.

Tzu still lost to hatton and hatton aint want none after he saw the gatti fight (neither did cotto) understandably so.

He probably still would have fought judah/baldomir combo because that was for the linear title and it was the fights that the people wanted back then (short memories).

If he left top rank to go fight oscar, he still wouldnt have gotten the margarito fight (who was sittin on a shelf for a year which is why he wasnt in the mix during that time) or cotto who still wasnt looking for it and both were on top rank.

MAYBE mosley, but the fight mosley had after floyd retired was a loss to cotto.

obviously im just speculating but maybe it had something to do with him taking slack for fighting judah after a loss that floyd kinda cut that out idk. But if he honestly felt that he couldnt get a fight or didnt want to do business with Arum after he left then i completely understand why he retired after hatton. because other than cotto, There was really nobody to fight ppv wise at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            what wrong with this country is that large lazy unemployed "entitlement" mindset the is rampant in the African American communites, but that another topic for another time.

But look how silly you are, mad cause someone makes a topic on a boxer on a boxing forum and then call people who joined this forum for that sole purpose "losers" and insinuating they are virgins because they doing what they signed up here for. Real question is what are you here for if not that?
            I'm silly you say. It's everyday the same ****. How can you spend so much time and energy on a man you supposedly hate? The truth is your the Flo_ Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
              His career wouldn't have changed much. He gave Castillo an immediate rematch and beat him mire clearly. He didnt wait a couple of fights like most people do.

There still would have been NO Pacman fight as long as Floyd wasn't with Top Rank. The guy was smart enough to get help from Al Hayman to buy out his contract so Arum would stop robbing him blind. Arum has been trying to destroy Floyd ever since.

Its funny that when people asked Cotto a year ago, he said out of his own mouth that he NEVER pursued a Mayweather fight. People disregard it because it just sounds better to say Floyd ducked. And any reference to Margarito should be thrown out of the window. THIS GUY BLATANTLY CHEATED THE SPORT AND COULD HAVE KILLED SOMEONE! He doesn't deserve any credit for being someone who was "ducked". People hate Floyd so much that they rather give more credit to a blatant cheater.

At the end of the day- Floyd resume is only debatable due to a personal like-ability factor with his character. I could go out and say a ton of negative and unrealistic stuff about Floyd today, and gain thousands of new friends. Then use his resume as a cover up when questioned about it
              Funny the way you bring up Margarito that did even go up to Floyd to get that fight to happen. More importantly, did Floyd no that Margarito was a cheat? Floyd was still with Top Rank at the time. Did they fight? Funny hey?

Cotto couldn't possibly get Floyd in the ring when Floyd went on vacation, could he? No point in requesting a fight for that simple reason. Arum stated clearly that down the line there would definitely be a fight between Floyd vs Cotto. Arum even stated that all that had to happen was for Cotto to gain more experience and that fight would have been made. Floyd preferred the greener version of Cotto when he wasn't quite there yet. Floyd went on vacation once the WW division started getting interesting.
              Last edited by ADP02; 01-05-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I do believe that Floyd would have taken more chances because Floyd is protecting that precious "0" ... but his statement of "health and money" comes first is contradictory to that. Still I think that Floyd would have taken more chances and fight some of his opponents when it mattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  I'm silly you say. It's everyday the same ****. How can you spend so much time and energy on a man you supposedly hate? The truth is your the Flo_ Mo.
                  Show me all my post where I spend all my time and energy on floyd. Please!

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    I do believe that Floyd would have taken more chances because Floyd is protecting that precious "0" ... but his statement of "health and money" comes first is contradictory to that. Still I think that Floyd would have taken more chances and fight some of his opponents when it mattered.
                    If floyd had a loss maybe manny doesn't get a fear of needles and shane doesn't have a toothache.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      If floyd had a loss maybe manny doesn't get a fear of needles and shane doesn't have a toothache.
                      and maybe valero wouldent kill himself and if all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops what a world it will be.

Comment

Working...
                      X