Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy Has No Idea How To Build Puerto Rican Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They probably should have him fight more in Philly though, he had a few recent fights there and a couple earlier in Atlantic City but that to me where he should be based out of and built up.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post

@ as mexican as taco bell.
      i think rios speaks a little spanish. never heard garcia speak spanish but yeah, he's really americanized. i doubt he'd even try and push that angle, the "support me cause i represent so and so country".
      He pushes that angle every chance he gets , " I'm a real Mexican fighter" ... "WE mexican fighters ... Etc etc"...

He should be endorsed by Rosetta stone cause although he speaks a little Spanish he still has trouble putting together a coherent sentence and 3 years ago he couldn't say one word in Spanish..

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
        danny dont speak spanish and acts black.
        A lot of Puerto Ricans act black.

GBP knows that even if they build him up, he's going to lose to a good Mexican fighter down the line so it would be better to invest time, money, and effort in a Mexican fighter.

Comment

I don't know why people are so in love with heritage. Most people in America, whether Mexican-American, Italian-American, African-American don't know **** about the country their grandparents came from. You think Brandon Rios knows anything about Mexico...just because he knows Spanish and has a Spanish last name doesn't make him Mexican. These guys are American.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            Trust me,If danny spoke spanish and didnt act black,They would
            of had him fight in rico like they where doing with micheal perez.
            Why do all of these "acting black/ghetto" comments come from Mexicans on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
              He pushes that angle every chance he gets , " I'm a real Mexican fighter" ... "WE mexican fighters ... Etc etc"...

He should be endorsed by Rosetta stone cause although he speaks a little Spanish he still has trouble putting together a coherent sentence and 3 years ago he couldn't say one word in Spanish..
              Yeah, Rios really isn't Mexican at all. He's pretty much doing that because Mexicans have a strong history of how he fights, not to mention a strong fan base. He may say whatever he wants but I highly doubt he knows the way Mexicans go about their lives.

Comment

http://www.thesweetscience.com/colum...h-danny-garcia

An interview to Danny Garcia a couple of years back. He did said at the end of the interview, he wants to be considered the next puertorican great fighter. However, most people here in PR dont even know him or follow him. If he wins tonight wait for the bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                  Why do all of these "acting black/ghetto" comments come from Mexicans on here?
                  because you touch yourself at night

Comment

lol at the "acts black" phrase. what? if you're from the hood, and carry yourself as so, you're acting black?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      They probably should have him fight more in Philly though, he had a few recent fights there and a couple earlier in Atlantic City but that to me where he should be based out of and built up.
                      No one gets built up in Philly, not even Philly fighters for some reason.

IMO, New York is the best place to build Garcia up because of the strong Puerto Rican presence here.

Comment

Working...
                      X