No announcement yet.

Why Floyd is back? money? legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    Floyd is basically broke thats why. He still owes the IRS for the Marquez fight and add his gambling losses and lawyer fees and theres no question hes broke.

And legacy from Ortiz? What legacy? Ortiz is a C level fighter at best and Maidana's B*tch.

At least Pac is fighting a surefire first ballot HOFer unlike wifebeater.
    Yea, Floyds not fighting someone OLD, who the **** else that is a HOF that Floyd can fight???? He already beat Mosley, JMM...what does he fight Erik Morales now??? that sounds like something Pacquiao would do again next year.

Pacroid was suppose to be destroying all those young fighters, but instead he wanted to fight BUM ass Margarito and Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
      What him being Ko'd??? Trust me, and it pains me to say this because JMM is my favorite Mexican boxer of all time.

If he does win 3-4 rounds it's going to be because Pacquiao let him, Pacquiao could pull the trigger on him at anytime and JMM would be back peddling faster than Shane Mosley did.

He can't take Pacquiao's NEW power, if Cotto, Delahoya, Margarito, Mosley, and Clottey didn't do well with Pac's power SMALL Marquez is in for a asswhooping.
      agree with you JMM is my favorite boxer after floyd and ward but I know he don't have a chance at WW if shane confuse pacman with little movement maybe just mayebe JMM can stay away from pac left hand and damn pacman is EZ to hit

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        Floyd is basically broke thats why. He still owes the IRS for the Marquez fight and add his gambling losses and lawyer fees and theres no question hes broke.

And legacy from Ortiz? What legacy? Ortiz is a C level fighter at best and Maidana's B*tch.

At least Pac is fighting a surefire first ballot HOFer unlike wifebeater.
        do you remember floyd vs JMM 12 rounds to 0 technical humiliation??? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post

Floyd vs Ortiz 40M$+PPV's + Floyd vs Khan 40? 50? 60M$?+PPV's > Pacquiao 52M$ last year according to Forbes..

that is minimum (without endorsements) 100M$ for floyd in two fights and that is crazy!!!!

Ortiz+Khan+Pac = 170-200M$ minimum,

we all know Pac is going to take the test next year before or after Khan (Khan is the key) if not the press/public opinion will be against Pac

so.... legacy + 200M$ is the reason...
          I dont care at all why he's back. As long as he's back with big fights, its great for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
            agree with you JMM is my favorite boxer after floyd and ward but I know he don't have a chance at WW if shane confuse pacman with little movement maybe just mayebe JMM can stay away from pac left hand and damn pacman is EZ to hit
            Another thing JMM is gonna notice is....WHERE DID HE GET ALL THIS POWER ALL OF A SUDDEN??

During there first 2 bouts Pacquiao didn't have all this hitting power, and now he's ko'ing dudes and breaking bones.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              Another thing JMM is gonna notice is....WHERE DID HE GET ALL THIS POWER ALL OF A SUDDEN??

During there first 2 bouts Pacquiao didn't have all this hitting power, and now he's ko'ing dudes and breaking bones.
              I am sad for JMM really....

Comment

Comment

IRS.... what else?

Comment

It was about the money, and easily padding his legacy.
                    The plan was simple, beat the guy who gave the #1 p4p hell in 2 fights.(doesn't hurt he's 2 divisions lower)
                    Then become the p4p again by rematching the guy your daddy is training after he beats the #1 guy, for big money in England.
                    Too bad Pac fuked that **** up by laying out Hatton.

Comment

The funny thing is floyd is executing a plan similar to what Leonard did in the mid eighties. His absense allows potential opponents to become bigger draws and then he takes advantage of their increased exsposure for himself.

I think he came back because its conceivable that he fights Ortiz, Pac, Khan and Canelo in order. Assuming he wins the 1st three (which I think he will be favored to do so) he could make well over $200 million for all four fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X