Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Castellanos Drops Gamboa Twice, Makes Him Quit After Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, just justify comes to show that there are no small opponents in the sweet science.

Comment

• Gamboa is done. Time to call it quits!

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I think Gamboa has shown heart, tonight and against Crawford. He was getting beat up in there, and he had absolutely nothing to offer in return. He felt it, and we saw it. Scorecards or no. Like Teddy said, he wasn't just ending the fight; he was putting an end to his career. No sense getting your brains knocked out when you know you're done like a Thanksgiving turkey.
        He showed heart in the Crawford fight bit this was a quit job. Hopefully it is the end of his career and that softens it a bit. But his corner wasn't trying to stop the fight and he was still in it in terms of scoring. He checked out, not the ref, not the corner, that was all him. He's shown heart in past fights where he always got back up and won or kept fighting to the end like crawford. But tonight can't bring up heart when you go out like that.

Comment

• Your career is "History" Gamboa

Sad day actually. I was hoping this guy would be one of the elite fighters from years before and I was hoping he would be able to make a comeback now to finish his career respectably, but nope.

Later Gamboa

Maybe he can become a good trainer

Comment

• alvarez's bro losing..gamboa beat by who??..junior making weight healthy...all the bad signs for golden boy

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
              And dude been kod 6x? This was supposed to be a showcase fight. And he was getting touched cleanly. He was so highly touted, damn hate it had to be him.
              Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Gotta give Castellanos credit. He came to win. But the way Gamboa looked tonight...there's just nothing left.
              RoCa is better than his record suggests, similar to Siri (who, ironically, KO'ed RoCa). I thought Gamboa was gonna beat him decisively, but it's not like he was in with someone who was gonna lay down from the first big punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                I dont like the quit. OK, he wanted This to be his Last Fight. I get that. But he Fought 7 or 8 rounds already? He couldnt Fight 2 More? DO u want your Last Fight to be a quit? Fight was close. I had It just about even when he quit. Fight 6 More Minutes, see what happens. He could have probably got the decision, if he Won the last 3 rounds. I just dont get quitting like that, when he wasn't seriously hurt, despite being down twice. SMH
                Did you see the final seconds of the last round? Gamboa was getting tagged to the body repeatedly, and all he could do was barely cling to Castellanos before the bell saved his ass. He had nothing left. Frankly, I thought his conditioning looked bad early on. And who knows what he was thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if he was hating himself for what he's done to his career and all that talent. Just disgusted.

Comment

• Gamboa looked like a superman early on but he always had some crap defense, I read the dude left his family in cuba and doesn't even send them money or even want them in his life.

Yeah fuck that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
                    alvarez's bro losing..gamboa beat by who??..junior making weight healthy...all the bad signs for golden boy
                    What does a shot old gamboa have to do with canelo who is just entering his prime? SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      RoCa is better than his record suggests, similar to Siri (who, ironically, KO'ed RoCa). I thought Gamboa was gonna beat him decisively, but it's not like he was in with someone who was gonna lay down from the first big punch.
                      This was a showcase fight, against a semi live opponent so gamboa can get into that next echelon of fighters next. Agreed he isn't the worst, but he was meant to be cannon fodder and YG wasn't up to the task.

Comment

Working...
                      X