Metro Manila

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Manila

What up my Pinoy brothas!

Y'all check out out this movie on Netflix?!

****'s good!

I heard that it generated some buzz at Sundance a couple of years ago.
    Waited for it to screen locally, but it never did.

Comment

Is this the one with the one chick that ended up being a prostitute and her husband was a cop out something?

Comment

Just saw the trailer on YT.
        I think the guy found work as a security guard?

The storyline is likely different, but the "security guard + stripper"
        setup is a little too 1979 for me, and I mean "Jaguar" (1979) starring
        Amy Austria and Philip Salavador, so that worries me:

For all the hoopla around Jaguar back in the day (it generated buzz at
        Cannes) I found it a little disappointing kasi, so biased na ako against
        "Metro Manila". I'm trying to find a copy anyway.

*for trivia, "jaguar" was flip-slang for a security guard:
        "Guardia" with syllable flipped = "Dia-Guar" = Jaguar.
        Last edited by horge; 04-04-2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

i know the girl from a local gym. she's aight. i think the movie was good. but it shouldn't be Metro Manila because all the scenes were shot/made here in Makati by P Burgos area.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
            i know the girl from a local gym. she's aight. i think the movie was good. but it shouldn't be Metro Manila because all the scenes were shot/made here in Makati by P Burgos area.
            I miss the filing station, and bottoms. But I want to retire in Palawan 0r tagaytay philippines. But I will probably just buy a Roxas brothers home in Cavite, or somewhere.

San Lorenzo village if I can afford it. They call me Espanol, but I am just a nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              I miss the filing station, and bottoms. But I want to retire in Palawan 0r tagaytay philippines. But I will probably just buy a Roxas brothers home in Cavite, or somewhere.

San Lorenzo village if I can afford it. They call me Espanol, but I am just a nobody.
              I don't get why the Filling Station and Bottoms is popular in that area. Just looks so dirty and full of disease haha.

Better live in the province/paradise. stay away from the city where all the chaos are. Cavite sucks nothing to do there.

Comment

I don't get why the Filling Station and Bottoms is popular in that area. Just looks so dirty and full of disease haha.

Better live in the province/paradise. stay away from the city where all the chaos are. Cavite sucks nothing to do there.

I like the burgers. They are good. I like the Provence a lot. I almost bought a place 10 years ago in Cavite, but it was boring as you just wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  I like the burgers. They are good. I like the Provence a lot. I almost bought a place 10 years ago in Cavite, but it was boring as you just wrote.
                  i am going to get that filling station a try.

oh when you get here in Makati try Tribu Diwata right by A Venue or try Eden along Som's Thai Restaurant.

Comment

i am going to get that filling station a try.

oh when you get here in Makati try Tribu Diwata right by A Venue or try Eden along Som's Thai Restaurant.
                    Will do! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X