No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernstein: Canelo Stops Cotto, Golovkin Beats Both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
    Amen Bernstein. When Roach fighters can offensively overwhelm their opponents, they all look like world beaters. But it is also sometimes their downfall as he said. Roach, while I admit is a very good trainer (even though I cannot stand who he is as a person), only knows how to teach offense. I think Cotto coming forward and trying to take out Canelo may end up with Cotto being laid out and bloodied. Cotto's face does not hold up to much punishment at all so I think if he uses his boxing skills and footwork/defense he will do better against Canelo. Also if Kirkland, Angulo and Mosley could not drop or hurt Canelo, I do not see Cotto being able to do it.
    - Good point, If Cotto comes straight forward and tries to go toe to toe with Canelo, he might end up bloody and battered. But out of the 2 fighters Cotto is the more versatile one. And has more overall skill than Canelo. Cotto can give Canelo different looks, where Canelo is the one who can only really fight 1 way.

Comment

Originally posted by boxbox23 View Post
      Roach hasn't been talking as much for this fight so maybe cotto ain't doing too good in camp
      I think his face was busted up recently. I think Glen Tapia has been giving him that work.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Showtime Championship Boxing analyst Al Bernstein is picking Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (45-1-1, 32 KOs) to unseat WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (40-4, 33 KOs) on November 21st at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The bout, scheduled for a catch-weight of 155-pounds, is headlining an HBO Pay-Per-View event.

Bernstein is picking Canelo due to his youth, his edge in strength, precision with his punches, and he also sees Cotto's new style - crafted by trainer Freddie Roach - as being his downfall in this fight.

[Click Here To Read More]
        I have to say I agree with Bernstein on pretty much every point here. Pretty good analysis by Al. GGG beats both guys but Canelo has the better chance against Gennady. Canelo and Cotto will be one to remember but ultimately Miguel's offensive game plan will benefit Canelo

Comment

Al knows his boxing, same way i predict it.

Comment

Cotto is more skilled that GGG and Canelo. They only have size over Cotto.

Comment

I won't be surprised if this goes the distance, Cotto using a lot of movement, Canelo plodding after him.

I hope that doesn't happen though and it turns into the tear-up most people are expecting.

I agree with Bernstein that GGG would beat either of them. Whether he gets the chance to is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                Bro I am from Puerto Rico too, but if you think Miguel has a chance against GGG you are just blinded by your patriotism. In fact, I agree with Bernstain, I don't think Miguel will even go past Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Showtime Championship Boxing analyst Al Bernstein is picking Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (45-1-1, 32 KOs) to unseat WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (40-4, 33 KOs) on November 21st at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The bout, scheduled for a catch-weight of 155-pounds, is headlining an HBO Pay-Per-View event.

Bernstein is picking Canelo due to his youth, his edge in strength, precision with his punches, and he also sees Cotto's new style - crafted by trainer Freddie Roach - as being his downfall in this fight.

[Click Here To Read More]
                  Couldn't agree more with Bernstein.

Comment

I hate that reason to pick a fighter "he young doe" what the fu ck is youth when you don't have skill or experience. Canelo has niether

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                      More skilled than GGG? In Table Tennis?

Comment

Working...
                      X