Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: I Can Box Like Mayweather, But That's Boring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG is the man, but I think we can all agree that he could not box like Mayweather, at least not on the same level as Mayweather.

Comment

• I think it's safe to say now that GGG is a universal fighter
      he can box like floyd, but that's boring

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
        GGG is the man, but I think we can all agree that he could not box like Mayweather, at least not on the same level as Mayweather.
        He did it last night and looked spectacular in doing so. Stayed out of range with the jab constantly pumping and rarely got hit. It was only when he realized Lem was not going to be a problem is when he opened up more, and landed bigger punches. So yea, its pretty obvious that ggg can fight like floyd if he really wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          It doesn't matter what you did in the amateurs or how much power you may have as a professional or how many KO's you have or how spectacularly you win. If you cannot attract big crowds as a pro, you will not do well financially. GGG does not attract the crowds and therefore, cannot get big money fights. That is why he is practically begging Alvarez, Cotto and Floyd to fight him. Floyd Mayweather is an attraction and can get big money fights. That is all that matters in the fight game, whether fans realize it or not.
          When was the last time floyd filled up MSG?

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            How many PPV's has GGG participated in? Attracting 10,000 fans means nothing when you are charging $10 a ticket and barely breaking even at the gate. GGG is not a big draw and that is why he is practically begging Cotto, Alvarez or Mayweather to fight him. You are right! Fighter do claim that another fighter is not a big draw to avoid fighting them. The ones who do that are usually guys like Peter Quillin, who can't draw flies himself..
            Ppv count

Ggg 1
            Lemieux 1
            Lara 1

Ward

Lmao

Comment

• He has guts.

1. Now I want him to fight a bigger guy, like MayVader did when Floyd fought Canelo, why not Kovalev, at a catch weight, and display his ability to avoid punches and win a boxing match.

2. Just do number 1, and you got GGG.
              Last edited by Zaroku; 10-18-2015, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                When was the last time floyd filled up MSG?
                Looooooool. MSG? Loooooooooool.

Comment

• GGG is a better boxer than Mayweather. Mayweather has better holding, running, and bribing skills though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
                    GGG is a better boxer than Mayweather. Mayweather has better holding, running, and bribing skills though.
                    lol, smh. Of course he is a better boxer.he proved it against david lemieux.

Comment

• Did it better than Floyd. Mayweather literally has no power in anything when he's fighting "cautiously", he simply runs and touches people, where as Golovkin was boxing but with a goal to breakdown the opponent. Really great jab.

Comment

Working...
                      X