If you're negotiating in public you aren't trying to make the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    That’s seems true

Every interview Lou Dibella gives the last year or so he says the same thing. Fights don’t get negotiated in public

The Canelo / Jacobs fight is a perfect example

When a promoter negotiates through the public it’s just them trying to control a narrative that doesn’t put them at fault and pleases their fighters fanbase

As far as AJ fighting Wilder or Fury , Joe Gallagher summed it up perfectly on the toe 2 toe podcast this week

Basically saying AJs the Aside and has all the power if he really wanted to fight either next he’d demand that Hearn make he fight and it’d happen.
    Why didn't he address if a fight gets made it needs contracts sent ? Check

Why didn't he state Finkel went to the public first and cried over the first offer ? Check

Why didn't he state Finkel ran on social media again with a counter offer ? Check

Why didn't he state fights cannot be made of the other side doesn't believe it's not the A side and demanded 50% or no fight before and after negotiations ? Check.

This is the reason your fan base has no logic and gets the reputation it has.

Wilder didn't even want to promote the fight refusing or declining to get in the ring after AJ defeated Klitschko and then out right refusing to attend a paid commentary job at the Parker fight,

Wilder even went on a incoherent ramble of restraining orders accusations ? Yes this is the guy you are cheering for . Ha
    Last edited by REDEEMER; 01-18-2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
      Another case of this: Eddie Hearn has often been caught out making claims in interviews and press conferences that simply aren't true. Too many cases of independant fighters/managers/promoters he claims to have made offers to having a different story than the one he is pushing. Tis a distraction and diversion tactic. Telling us what he thinks we wanna hear whilst he's probably had plans in place the whole time.
      You literally can quote every single one of his words and use it against him, rather than the guy that claimed they accept the 15m offer, then 5 months down the line "Nope we didn't accept" the offer...[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Give us some examples.
      There are no examples of Hearn telling a lie as blatent as that one by Finkel.

"I have told Eddie Hearn that we officially accept his offer to fight Anthony Joshua in the UK, on the terms they gave us"

5 months later: "We never accepted that offer."

Comment

I'm loving all of this.

I think we are seeing Wilder fans finally realising that its not Hearn that is the bull*****ter nor that Joshua is the one ducking.

There is far far far too much consistent evidence showing that Wilder or Finkel can't maintain a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I think that's the lesson to be learned with the GGG/Jacobs fight. No public negotiations. The fight was made behind the scenes.
          What are you talking about?! Lol

First off the WBA ordered the fight when they felt sorry for Brook. The WBA didn’t even sanction the Brook fight.

Then, PUBLIC delays regarding splits from Loeffler and DiBella. Wasn’t the fight postponed general scheduling? Unless there was a conflict with various HBO dates. These two never wanted to fight in the first place when asked through media.

Comment

Eddie and Finkel both did the entire negotiations months ago in public. Especially Finkel's side. He seemed to have time to go to the media before he could respond to Eddie. Both lied and tried to spin the public instead of just getting it done behind closed doors.

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
              I'm loving all of this.

I think we are seeing Wilder fans finally realising that its not Hearn that is the bull*****ter nor that Joshua is the one ducking.

There is far far far too much consistent evidence showing that Wilder or Finkel can't maintain a lie.
              This is not Mendoza School?

That's not the desired effect? You're not playing your role exactly as his theory would dictate?

Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                This is not Mendoza School?

That's not the desired effect? You're not playing your role exactly as his theory would dictate?

Mark.
                Dude, are you drunk?

Comment

This is all smoke and mirrors by Eddie Hearn making strategic headlines when Showtime is trying to make Wilder vs Fury 2 Rematch in Vegas.

It’s Frank Warren playing with options to make Fury happy, but at the end of the day it’s up to Fury if he wants the Wilder rematch in Vegas. Seems like Fury is having second thoughts with his brain scan results. Knowing Fury’s past paranoia, he’s having anxiety relapse.

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
                    Dude, are you drunk?
                    I'm speaking above your head on purpose, it's not comment for you kiddo.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      I think that's the lesson to be learned with the GGG/Jacobs fight. No public negotiations. The fight was made behind the scenes.

De La Hoya made a public announcement about the GGG fight while knowing this gift was all but signed.

Hearn has been in public negotiating AJ's fight but never said anything about this fight because he was making a serious effort to get it signed.
                      I believe that. I think Oscar already knew Canelo was fighting Jacobs and no offer was ever made to GGG to fight Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X