Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Dares McGregor To Accept 'Winner Takes All' Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
    Punching power has nothing to do with this weight of gloves, trust me Conor can knock people out in 8oz gloves no problem, he’d be one of the hardest punchers Paulie has ever faced. Paulie does not hit hard, he couldn’t even test Khans whiskers. Conor has a very solid chin and aside from the nose sherbet would be coming in fitter. Don’t get me wrong Paulie is a good solid B side boxer, but he has been inactive for a much longer (which counts for a lot).
    Khabib laughed at Conor's "power".

Still waiting to see the full footage of the sparring that they claimed they'd release. There's only 1 valid reason why it wouldn't have been released already: McGregor looks terrible in it.

Paulie would literally just have to avoid getting hit with a left hand for a few rounds until McGregor is gasping for air cuz he has less stamina than my 75 year old father.

Comment

Is there really any demand for an MMA star who can box a little to fight a washed up retired champion boxer who wasn't a good champion on his best day?

Comment

Punching power has nothing to do with this weight of gloves, trust me Conor can knock people out in 8oz gloves no problem, he’d be one of the hardest punchers Paulie has ever faced. Paulie does not hit hard, he couldn’t even test Khans whiskers. Conor has a very solid chin and aside from the nose sherbet would be coming in fitter. Don’t get me wrong Paulie is a good solid B side boxer, but he has been inactive for a much longer (which counts for a lot).
        Mcgregor one of the hardest punchers Malignaggi has ever faced?

You have to be joking man Mcgregor has C- power in boxing for the first 4 rounds and after that he throws arm punches because hes so gassed. You must be new to boxing because Malignaggi has been in with some big punchers and has a good chin the only one who really worked him over was Shawn Porter and that was when Paulies best days were behind him in a weight class where people were much bigger than him. Yeah Eggington got him but Paulie should've stayed retired after the Porter fight and Eggington is a big guy he went up to 154 right after he is too shot to compete with younger boxers but im pretty sure he still has enough in the tank to outbox Mcgregor and possibly TKO him in the later rounds on cuts.

Garcia, Porter, Khan, Broner, Judah, Hatton, and Cotto all hit harder than Mcgregor so I doubt Mcgregor has anything new that Paulie hasn't seen before. Plus as a pro Paulie has never lost to a southpaw and Mcgregors only weapon is his straight left his right hook is non-existent so I don't see him giving an in shape Paulie too much trouble considering when they sparred Paulie was out of shape and Mcgregor was already in camp for Mayweather lol.

Comment

I'd actually like to this at 160 or 165- boxing rules. I think it would be a toss-up.
          Paulie has no pop, is older, smaller but the much better boxer

Comment

Originally posted by SteveAnitaSmith View Post
            I'd actually like to this at 160 or 165- boxing rules. I think it would be a toss-up.
            Paulie has no pop, is older, smaller but the much better boxer
            Malignaggi has never fought above 147 where he was already a smaller guy compared to other welters, why would he go up 2 divisions to fight a former 145/155 UFC champ at Middleweight who just fought at 155 in October if it did happen it would be at 154 for sure.

Comment

I’m trying hard not to give you a red k for this post lmao
              I’d say Pablo Cano hits harder than McGregor. If there were 6oz Gloves I still don’t think he’d knock anyone out that’s how laughable his punching power was in boxing gloves. He came into the fight a light heavyweight and was still throwing soft punches

Comment

Dam Paulie and fans are asking for jokes not fights

Both of these guys are bums at best and I can go find people in any city in a gym that know one knows to beat either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                  Mcgregor one of the hardest punchers Malignaggi has ever faced?

You have to be joking man Mcgregor has C- power in boxing for the first 4 rounds and after that he throws arm punches because hes so gassed. You must be new to boxing because Malignaggi has been in with some big punchers and has a good chin the only one who really worked him over was Shawn Porter and that was when Paulies best days were behind him in a weight class where people were much bigger than him. Yeah Eggington got him but Paulie should've stayed retired after the Porter fight and Eggington is a big guy he went up to 154 right after he is too shot to compete with younger boxers but im pretty sure he still has enough in the tank to outbox Mcgregor and possibly TKO him in the later rounds on cuts.

Garcia, Porter, Khan, Broner, Judah, Hatton, and Cotto all hit harder than Mcgregor so I doubt Mcgregor has anything new that Paulie hasn't seen before. Plus as a pro Paulie has never lost to a southpaw and Mcgregors only weapon is his straight left his right hook is non-existent so I don't see him giving an in shape Paulie too much trouble considering when they sparred Paulie was out of shape and Mcgregor was already in camp for Mayweather lol.
                  Yeah that’s right, I’m very new to boxing, just 20 years as a boxer and 15 years as a coach up to national level, no idea whatsoever. Quit with that BS for starters.

Macgregor hits hard, it’s ridiculous to suggest that because he’s changed gloves to 8oz all of sudden he has no power, everyone who fights him aside from Khabib admits he does at least have power (even Mayweather said it) and he is very balanced so he throws from awkward angles.

His left hook is very good, his right hook is good, his straight punches are pretty good, but the thing that less technical observers get sucked in by is that his jab is lousy and arm-y. That’s because he’s spent years in a sport where the jab doesn’t have to lead the attack, because you have 8 other options to open the attack with and you don’t want to be getting too long with that (as you would in boxing) because then you are more open to take down.

As I said Paulie is technically better, if he was prime right now he’d win, but if it’s scheduled for next year I don’t think he’s going to be sharp enough.

Besides the thing we are all neglecting is that it’d probably be an ugly fight anyway.

Comment

Two bobble-headed buttercups go 'round the outside? I don't reckon I half give a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                      Malignaggi has never fought above 147 where he was already a smaller guy compared to other welters, why would he go up 2 divisions to fight a former 145/155 UFC champ at Middleweight who just fought at 155 in October if it did happen it would be at 154 for sure.
                      LOL you got me bro I just wanna see Paulie get beat up....
                      154? Paulie still the much smaller guy, would love to see Conor stick to MMA lots of fun fights to be made

Comment

Working...
                      X