Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins. "Money" Mayweather. RIGHT NOW: who has the better resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Hopkins most important wins:

Tito, Oscar, Tarver, Pascal, Pavlik, Cloud, Shumenov, Mercundo, Johnson, Joppy

Floyd's most important wins:

Castillo, Corrales, Hatton, Judah, Baldomir, Cotto, Mosley, Oscar

Not sure if I've left any names out. Not really that interested in as both have good resumes, Hops probably faces better opponents in terms of context but i cant be arsed to go into details, lil tired.

Yall decide for yourselves.

yeah, the true boxing fans have spoken Bhops>Mayweather

Comment

Its pretty close....Overall their competition is close as far as world class opposition. I picked Mayweather because he holds a slight edge in stats

his ability to adapt during the fight, even surpasses a legend like Hopkins, who usually struggled with guys who had better mobility and were more athletic(foot speed and hand speed)

Lineal titles won: Mayweather (4) and Hopkins (2)

Total of world champions and titlists defeated: Mayweather,(19) Hopkins(16)

Hopkins becoming the oldest world champion ever enhanced his legacy a lot but Mayweather has shown longevity especially for a fighter in the lower weights and still fight at the highest level

Comment

I would ho mayweather. I neve mind when anyone says hop. But to me, Floyd has fought in the better divisions and beat the better world class comp.

Comment

Not sure if I've left any names out. Not really that interested in as both have good resumes, Hops probably faces better opponents in terms of context but i cant be arsed to go into details, lil tired.

Good post.

Comment

This is too friggen close. I'd usually vote Hopkins but it's hard to discredit what Mayweather is doing too. Deep resumes, people seem to have forgotten their fights more than a decade ago, and probably their best wins.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
              Bhop KO over a DLH trumps anything on Pretty Boy Resume.
              dlh was very undersized, the gap in weight on fight night was probably even more than floyd-jmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Wadd View Post
                dlh was very undersized, the gap in weight on fight night was probably even more than floyd-jmm.
                At the same time, that was a much better version of DLH nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Wadd View Post
                  it's closer than ppl would say. a lot of hopkins's opposition at 160 sucked.

And if we are to hold it against cherry-picker Floyd for beating JMM and Hatton moving up, let's not forget how many guys snaggletooth beat moving up.
                  prime trinidad is way better then anyone mayweather ever fought and would in fact prob ko him

Comment

you named every & anyone for hopkins but left out marquez, canelo, gatti, (& UNBELIEVABLY) you left out Genaro Hernandez for mayweather.

Comment

Its a toss-up...

Hopkins i think has beaten the best fighter between them in prime tito...

Both have tons of top level wins,,,

Floyd is undefeated, while hopkins has losses in all stages of his career...

Either one is a correct answer..

Hopkins might have a slight edge in terms of resume, but floyd i think is the better fighter overall and i rank him higher in ATG rankings

Comment

Working...
                      X