Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Klitschkos Have A Chance Against Haye If They Didn't Have Size Advantage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Klitschkos Have A Chance Against Haye If They Didn't Have Size Advantage?

So if the Klitschkos were the same size as Haye, even if they still weighed the same but they didn't have that size and reach advantage, do you think they'd have any chance of beating Haye or would they be dominated by Haye in a fight?

Personally I think a prime Vitali, even if he was the same size as Haye, would still have a chance of competing against him because even if he got caught with some good shots with his chin he could still be a threat. But prime Wladimir I think would get KO'd early by Haye.

What do you think.. If Haye and the Klitschkos were the same height do the Klitschkos stand a chance?
    Klitschkos have no chance against Haye if they were the same size as him
    61.40%
    Yes both Klitschko might still be able to beat Haye
    29.82%
    Only Vitali would have a chance
    8.77%
    Only Wladimir would have a chance
    0.00%

if they were shrunk down with a shrink ray then no, but if they had always been that size they would fight different so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
      if they were shrunk down with a shrink ray then no, but if they had always been that size they would fight different so who knows.
      This.

If Wlad didn't have a size advantage, he'd probably fight just like he used to fight in his earlier days.

As it stands, Wlad is a lot more skilled than Haye, who also has a suspect chin and certainly less ring IQ.

I think he would find Haye and put him to sleep before Haye could do it back.

I think Vitali would just walk Haye down and KO him, though I'm not sure how his awkwardness would translate to him being the same size against a decent opponent.

Both would or should be fairly heavy favourites.

Comment

Where is the option for Vitali and Wladimir would still likely beat Haye? If they were smaller they'd be faster and different Fighters too

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          This.

If Wlad didn't have a size advantage, he'd probably fight just like he used to fight in his earlier days.

As it stands, Wlad is a lot more skilled than Haye, who also has a suspect chin and certainly less ring IQ.

I think he would find Haye and put him to sleep before Haye could do it back.

I think Vitali would just walk Haye down and KO him, though I'm not sure how his awkwardness would translate to him being the same size against a decent opponent.

Both would or should be fairly heavy favourites.
          Actually, they are allot slower than Haye..Haye can do the roy jones thing(Im not comparing him to roy) Rely on his speed and reflexes, while wlad's slow ass has to rely on robotic fundamentals...I still think Haye can beat them now, if he relies on his footwork cuz his hand speed, and countering was amazing...if he slides on his feet faster, combined with his hands, I think he can do something

Comment

Weird question when you consider that I'm pretty sure if Haye was taller he'd have a much different style, and if Wlad/Vitali were shorter they'd have very different styles, so the question is kind of hard to answer?

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
              Actually, they are allot slower than Haye..Haye can do the roy jones thing(Im not comparing him to roy) Rely on his speed and reflexes, while wlad's slow ass has to rely on robotic fundamentals...I still think Haye can beat them now, if he relies on his footwork cuz his hand speed, and countering was amazing...if he slides on his feet faster, combined with his hands, I think he can do something
              Wlad slow? Are you kidding me?

Vitali is nothing special, but Wlad is very quick, especially for a man his size.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                Wlad slow? Are you kidding me?

Vitali is nothing special, but Wlad is very quick, especially for a man his size.
                Yep Vitali is fast for his size but Wladimir is very fast for his size

Comment

People that think Wlad is slow make me laugh, his hand speed for a man of his size is phenomenal, trust me if he didn't have fast hands theirs no way he'd be where he's at, Haye underestimated the hand speed especially the hand speed of the jab and this is why he couldn't deal with it and get close enough to land big punches all night, he also gets out of range very quick when someone gets near due to his fast food speed.

Comment

I actually voted for the wrong one like a dumbass lol.

I say it's a toss up. Who really knows how the brothers would fight if they were 6'2'' or whatever.

For me, the combination of skill and size is how they win. If they didn't have the size then I think fights get much more interesting, especially with Wladimir. We all know Vitali can take a solid punch but fights different to Wladimir.

This topic just got me thinking about Lennox Lewis. How would he have done if he had been 6'2? That could be pretty interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X