No announcement yet.

just got an ok job on a bridge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    i work out of a union & my union is the busiest in north america.nobody wants to be an ironworker in northern canada.its -20 below half the year here.im busy all year round & have no idea how that english guy thinks ironworking is easy...i say hes never done erection in his life.any idiot can measure something on the ground,inside a shop,drilling holes,etc...do it i
    200' in the air in the middle of an canadian winter with a wind blowing 30 miles\hour....i shake my head
    I feel ya i framed houses in 110 degree heat for years,that **** is the definition of brutal.

Comment

i only took this job because there was no drugtest.after 7 weeks i still tested positive for pot.im quitting dope for good now.i had a job offer making 12000\month but couldnt pass a drugtest so ill wait until after this job is done.i should be good then.i wont be around much

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        i only took this job because there was no drugtest.after 7 weeks i still tested positive for pot.im quitting dope for good now.i had a job offer making 12000\month but couldnt pass a drugtest so ill wait until after this job is done.i should be good then.i wont be around much
        624,000 k bro its easy to pass any drug test including hair.i will tell you how if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
          Yeahh easy as pie man.

You have you gang forman on the ground looking at the drawing and getting to right piece of steel on the sling.

Send it up on the crane to me

Me on the cherry picker. slide steel into place from crane. hit into place(yes somtimes it can be a little tricky) bolt into place with gun.

Once all structual steel is up. Fit the metsec so the cladders can come in.

All steel comes with the holes cut. Rare you cut them youself unless you need a quickfix to a problem.
          you do preengineered spaghetti iron,anyone van do that.I'm on big industrial jobs.iron doesn't always go it good & Some jobs we use 250 tonne cranes for lifts.no commercial work for this guy.spaghetti iron is easy,big iron isn't always smooth

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            624,000 k bro its easy to pass any drug test including hair.i will tell you how if you want.
            won't cheat got caught once

Comment

big indutrial jobs?.... I been on warehouses 400,000 m2 to the Shard London Bridge which is 310 m tall skyscraper.
              then you should know that big iron isnt always easy...you said you drive picker...are you a structural steel ironworker or an operator? you dont use a picker to do make 90 ton lifts...cladding goes on warehouses & small pre-engineered buildings.warehouses are beam & joist.that fits together nice because its a pre-engineered building,secondly you have never worked in -30 below weather in england.if its such an easy job why are you not in canada? i know several englishman who crossed the atlantic to work here.i know none of them say its easy.you dont have cold weather in england.your winter,ill wear a light sweater at most....if you think ironworking is easy come to edmonton.$40\hour,double time weekends...whats stopping such a great ironworker like you? i laugh at you guys...you are all talk then you show up on a real job in bad weather & you go back home.if you are skilled you should be going where the work is...all bark with no bite

Comment

Yeahh easy as pie man.

You have you gang forman on the ground looking at the drawing and getting to right piece of steel on the sling.

Send it up on the crane to me

Me on the cherry picker. slide steel into place from crane. hit into place(yes somtimes it can be a little tricky) bolt into place with gun.

Once all structual steel is up. Fit the metsec so the cladders can come in.

All steel comes with the holes cut. Rare you cut them youself unless you need a quickfix to a problem.
                quick fix? you ever see fabrication ****ups or revisions? warehouses are **** all! skysraper use tower cranes which is **** all...you have to level & square the building before torqueing...lol! easy from the picker

Comment

Working...
                X