Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is martinez getting a pass for catchweight 155 lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
    Simple...Martinez wasn't fighting guys at 147. His last time at welter was in 2001. Williams was fighting guys at 147 and 154 and said he could fight at either weight while Martinez was fighting guys at 154-160.
    OK and? P-Will got shitted for wanting to fight them at 147 while Martinez is getting a pass for wanting to fight them at 154-160?

Comment

So basically what I am getting is that a MW in P-Will was too big to fight both Floyd and Pac at WW where both Floyd and Pac are campaigning at. But, a MW in Martinez is not too big to fight both Floyd and Pac at JMW where neither are campaigning at?

Yea OK that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        OK and? P-Will got shitted for wanting to fight them at 147 while Martinez is getting a pass for wanting to fight them at 154-160?
        At that time Williams was fighting at 147-154. He requested the fight be at 154, so he was given **** because he could fight at 147 if he wanted to.

Martinez is fighting at 154-160. He requested the fight to be 155 even though he has been fighting at 158-160 recently. So he is dropping the weight down to his limit where Williams was raising the weight to his advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
          At that time Williams was fighting at 147-154. He requested the fight be at 154, so he was given **** because he could fight at 147 if he wanted to.

Martinez is fighting at 154-160. He requested the fight to be 155 even though he has been fighting at 158-160 recently. So he is dropping the weight down to his limit where Williams was raising the weight to his advantage.
          Williams was requesting to fight both Floyd and Pac at 147 not 154 so what are you talking about? And, everybody was saying he was too big for WW cuz of being 6'3 with a Vitaly reach. Like if somehow we had height-classes.

Again 147, yet he was too big and got ****. Martinez wants to fight BOTH at 154 and he is not too big, he is given a pass? OK....

I don't think Martinez deserves **** BTW. He has every right to fight them at 154. Hell I would not even give him **** if just said 160 no catch-weight he has that right. Maybe it helps because I am a big Martinez fan. And, I also didn't have a problem with P-Will wanting to fight Floyd or Pac at 147. I always said that they should have fought him. But, others are just being hypocritical with this.

Comment

Working...
          X