Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Marquez can outbox Pacquiao than Floyd will have no problem? Not really.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Marquez can outbox Pacquiao than Floyd will have no problem? Not really.

Not sure why people say Mayweather has this in the bag because "if Marquez can counter and out box Manny" Mayweather can. Their counter punching styles are worlds apart. Marquez countered Manny but at the same time was not scared to get hit and doesn't mind fighting and countering at a high pace. Mayweather, especially lately (because it seems he's mastered it) likes to sit, wait, and time which is very hard to do with someone who has Pacquiao's style. I don't think Manny's speed will give Mayweather problems, I think it's his angles. He's very difficult to telegraph. Not saying Maweather can't counter Pacquiao but imo Marquez's ability to do it has nothing to do with it.Also the shoulder roll is not as effective on southpaws as orthodox fighters which is another Manny advantage. The disadvantage to Manny's southpaw satnce is Mayweather's beautiful lead right hand. That's going to be his best weapon. Ring generalship and pace control will win this fight. I've never seen Floyd not have a fight under control except maybe a few rounds (which might be all Pacquiao needs). Then again Pacquiao is amazing and the most unpredictable fighter on earth.

Hope we see this later this year
    Last edited by El Protagonista; 06-29-2010, 10:33 AM.
Working...
X