No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin's Promoter on The Canelo Rematch Clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
    It's better if they each fight someone else. An immediate rematch isn't enticing imo
    Funny cuz all the lil g fans that know lil g lost don't want a rematch.....just like when they didn't want a Jacobs rematch.....

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
      Tom claims that the rematch will be bigger due to the controversy of the first fight. I'm not sure I agree with that statement.

Wasn't the case with Pac-Bradley or Ward-Kovalev.

Have there been any examples where a rematch due to controversy was more lucrative than the first fight?
      Paq v Marquez?? Floyd v Maidana?? Lewis v Rahman?? Maybe?

Comment

Rematch is not interesting. If Golovkin wins, judges may rob again. This situation is very bad for motivation of GGG.

Comment

Loeffler: 'There were plans for Golovkin to fight again in early December if he would've come out victorious versus Alvarez. Now it's not clear what direction everyone involved will go'

Struggling to understand his logic here. If Golovkin won, Canelo has a rematch clause, and it suggests that Golovkin would fight in Dec regardless. Presumably the rematch clause is more 'if Canelo doesn't win he has a rematch option', ie he still has the option in a draw scenario, so what's the difference ? Why wouldn't Golovkin still fight in December, win lose or draw ?

Only reason might be as part of a rematch agreement that neither fight in the interim, but the statement still doesn't make sense even then.

Comment

Originally posted by latinlingo View Post
            December is too early for the non-stamina Canelo. May, different story. GGG should offer the rematch clause next or move on to Saunders in December.
            Sure just go back to fighting bums so he can look good right?

Comment

Golovkin should fight Saunders next to unify. Canelo should fight Jacobs next just because. Rematch can come after these two fights and held anywhere else but Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                Amazing how your options increase when you've been showing the signs of decline. Golovkin better cash-in, because the curtain is coming down. He's not going to be favored to dominate those opponents like he would have been in the past.
                He is NOT showing "decline" it's just the 2nd good opponent he has faced in a row & from what I seen he lost those two in a row.

Comment

To much Corruption in Nevada

I know one thing. I won't ever pay for another fight that takes place in Nevada. Enough is enough. As far as I'm concern they stole my money with the crooked decision. From now on I'll look for a stream or forget about it all together. I don't watch wrestling because it's not real and boxing is getting to be more like it every day. It's the only sport where you can lose and still win at the same time. Promoters picking judges, judges knowing what they have to do in order to keep working and the dumb fans who keep going back for more. Boxing needs a federal commission and promoters should not be involved in picking judges or any other issue like ring size, gloves or any feature that would give one fighter an advantage. Let the fighters win the fight not the promoters or corrupt state commissions like in Nevada. How many bogus decisions have to happen in Nevada before fans take notice. Wake up!

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
                    Golovkin should fight Saunders next to unify. Canelo should fight Jacobs next just because. Rematch can come after these two fights and held anywhere else but Vegas.
                    Nah! Jacobs should get bily! lil g should wait till May for that rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
                      Canelo isn't going to fight Jacobs and he'll only fight in a state were his management has control. It's a shame because Canelo is a good fighter but his management team will only let him fight where they control the judging which of coarse they'll deny. They just claim "Vegas just loves Canelo" Ahemm, right!

Comment

Working...
                      X