Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rugby league is tougher than NFL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rugby is dog**** and thats coming from a brit. Far more talented athletes in the nfl... saying that i reckon a load of them are roided up.
    Last edited by Prince Madison; 08-10-2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      if you had one top tier NFL level athlete, just one, in your rugby league, he'd be the only thing any of you ever talked about ever. you just don't understand the difference in talent, and that's fine. go back to your island where everybody is related.
      Ah no

An NFL player would probably need to spend at least a year (and probably more) improving his aerobic fitness, changing body shape and learning how to tackle

Very different games with very different requirements

Comment

is that the object of the game ?!?!?!? to be the ''toughest'' ?!?!?!?

give a rugby player an nfl playbook and his head would explode.

Comment

both sports are so different. NFL is my favourite sport and the collisions can be harder because players are protected, and use their protection as a weapon. But the non stop hitting in rugby union and league is also brutal and without any pads nearly every player seems to come off bruised and cut up. Add in that you are on the field for 80 minutes then Rugby is a tougher sport imo. People talking about NFL athletes being dominant need to wake up, how are they going to last 80 minutes non stop when they are needing oxygen masks on the sideline after one drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Duggie View Post
            both sports are so different. NFL is my favourite sport and the collisions can be harder because players are protected, and use their protection as a weapon. But the non stop hitting in rugby union and league is also brutal and without any pads nearly every player seems to come off bruised and cut up. Add in that you are on the field for 80 minutes then Rugby is a tougher sport imo. People talking about NFL athletes being dominant need to wake up, how are they going to last 80 minutes non stop when they are needing oxygen masks on the sideline after one drive.
            Yep

Very different sports

In the old days, you used to have a whole heap of different body shapes in league

Now, most are very similar and they are built for non-stop collision over 60-80 minutes

NFL players dont need to do that so train very differently and would be ****ed after a couple of defensive sets without having to make a tackle

Doesnt mean that one game is better or the players are tougher

Comment

I notice every NFL is better guy has absolutely no education on how League is played. Just cause you have better athletes doesn't mean your game is tougher. I watch and enjoy both game and league is by far a tougher sport. I ask an NFL guy to watch this years State of Origin series.

Comment

Australian rugby player Jarryd Hayne tried to make it in the NFL.

He failed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

He failed.
                  I wouldn't exactly say he failed. He actually went pretty good. The guy has a massive ego. He was a huge fish in league. When he went to NFL he was a goldfish in an ocean. He began to hate not being noticed. That is the main reason he left. The guy is also extremely lazy. He is known to be shocking at training. He only plays to his ability during big games. He was never going to succeed at NFL. His attitude is not right. Now Greg Inglis at his best would be able to compete in NFL. Billy Slater is another one. Here's a video of Jarryd Haynes highlights in NFL
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CDiiI1Nn61E
                  Here is a tape of Slaters highlights. The guys a freak
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GuFdQQ_2ejE
                  Here is Greg Inglis. The guy is big but moves well
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-aYbsM0dJUM

I strongly urge you to watch Haynes highlights before calling him a failure.
                  Last edited by Josh knight; 08-11-2017, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    if you had one top tier NFL level athlete, just one, in your rugby league, he'd be the only thing any of you ever talked about ever. you just don't understand the difference in talent, and that's fine. go back to your island where everybody is related.
                    He'd want to be subbed off after 5 mins. Big, fast but cannot last.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

He failed.
                      Failed?

Guy made the roster as a running back despite never having played the game before and was going to be picked up for a second season

He left because he was bored

Comment

Working...
                      X