Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warriors Boxing Outbids Main Events For Right To Promote Martin-Glazkov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warriors Boxing Outbids Main Events For Right To Promote Martin-Glazkov

Assuming all parties go through with the terms of the purse bid, the next heavyweight titlist can be crowned as early as January 16.

Warriors Boxing claimed the rights to the vacant International Boxing Federation (IBF) heavyweight title fight between unbeaten contenders Vyacheslav Glazkov and Charles Martin. The Florida-based promotional outfit won with a total purse offering of $1,238,000, outbidding Glazkov's promoter, Main Events who submitted a bid of $888,000.

An interesting development comes in the plan to stage the event. Representatives from Warriors Boxing confirmed to BoxingScene.com that the plan is for the title fight to land on January 16 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

JakeNDaBox would Glazkov havw made more than the $444,000 offered by Main Events if he would have fought Wilder?

Comment

Isn't that the same promotion that Haymon uses to stage fights? I wanna see what duva says about being outbid

Comment

Duva is a ****. She didn't even win the purse bid she asked for. It is what it is she never looks out for her fighters.
        She couldn't even bid 1M
        Without hbo she is nothing

Comment

Great heavyweight tripleheader if it comes to fruition. Wilder-Szpilka for the WBC title, Glazkov-Martin for the IBF title, and Breazeale-Mansour.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            JakeNDaBox would Glazkov havw made more than the $444,000 offered by Main Events if he would have fought Wilder?
            I believe due to Glazkov's standing & Martin's lack of standing Duva got him a 65/35 cut by the IBF for this fight so Glazkov woulda been getting $577,200 if Duva's bid won (& will be getting ~$800k to Martin's ~$400k now).

Idk the numbers, but I'd be surprised if Glazkov had been offered more than $577k vs Wilder.

Comment

uuhhh.....

I wanna thank Al Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
                Isn't that the same promotion that Haymon uses to stage fights? I wanna see what duva says about being outbid
                Yessir!

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                Great heavyweight tripleheader if it comes to fruition. Wilder-Szpilka for the WBC title, Glazkov-Martin for the IBF title, and Breazeale-Mansour.

Comment

lol

"Come at the king, you best not miss".

Duva thought she was being slick, and instead she still failed to put the money up for the bid, Glazkov is likely getting a touch more than what he would've picked up for the Wilder fight, and now her fighter is likely to have a month to prepare for a tall, long, southpaw heavyweight with pop. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I believe due to Glazkov's standing & Martin's lack of standing Duva got him a 65/35 cut by the IBF for this fight so Glazkov woulda been getting $577,200 if Duva's bid won (& will be getting ~$800k to Martin's ~$400k now).

Idk the numbers, but I'd be surprised if Glazkov had been offered more than $577k vs Wilder.
                    IBF rules put the split for a vacant title fight at 50/50, if I've read things correctly.

Edit: split is indeed 65/35 Glazkov

Comment

Working...
                    X