Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"smh", NSB and the idiotic Royston thread...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "smh", NSB and the idiotic Royston thread...

Where to start? This "smh", which seems to occupy 90% of NSB posts these days. I'm so behind the times with "textspeak", I kept thinking people were referring to the Sydney Morning Herald. How does posting textspeak and catchphrases constitute discussion?

"Did you see last night's fight? Anyone got take on the way feints were used to set up the main offence?"

"smh, lol, psml, smh, smh."

But check this thread, a new low of ******ation:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=626483

A thread asking if Roy Jones Jr. is in the top 20 all-time great lists, a thread with replies so idiotic that The REED (TM) is one of the naysayers. Apparently wins over John Ruiz and his first bout against Tarver (the one where his chin got shook and he looked lucky to get the nod from the judges) are ones for the "plus" column. The naysayers are mentioning fighters before 1990... the ones saying Roy is top 10 ATG are the ones who haven't even HEARD of fighters before 1990.

smh.

Nice touch on adding the smh at the end of your post. Well done good sir.

Comment

I'm still reading it, it's hilarious. Someone sums up why people aren't praising Roy's resume more - they're "haters".

Two things I always mean to ask in these discussions:

1. Although the Toney win was a good one, was it just a case of styles?

2. Why is it that the only time John Ruiz is ever regarded as a good hw is when the name "Roy Jones" is attached to it?

Comment

I've no idea what smh means.

smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Adkins View Post

I'm still reading it, it's hilarious. Someone sums up why people aren't praising Roy's resume more - they're "haters".

Two things I always mean to ask in these discussions:

1. Although the Toney win was a good one, was it just a case of styles?

2. Why is it that the only time John Ruiz is ever regarded as a good hw is when the name "Roy Jones" is attached to it?
          Or was it a case of jt losing 25 pounds in a week? smfh

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            I've no idea what smh means.

smh.
            "Shaking My Head", apparently.

Comment

Any progress with your career Marc mate?.

Remember it's not how many times you fall that matters, it's how many times you get back up.

Comment

I have no shame in admitting my source when I get stumped is:

Urban dictionary

I remember when I looked up YOLO because I didn't want to ask and thinking "they must be wrong can not be something this stupid" lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                  Any progress with your career Marc mate?.

Remember it's not how many times you fall that matters, it's how many times you get back up.
                  Still looking for that third pro bout, but my second took a lot out of me... you try hitting a guy 1000 times in a fight, your knuckles will be bruised for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Adkins View Post
                    Still looking for that third pro bout, but my second took a lot out of me... you try hitting a guy 1000 times in a fight, your knuckles will be bruised for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X