Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Vanes, Lara Nearly Rumble at The Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hilarious that fans are complaining about too many people picking Lara to win. If the majority was picking Vanes to win instead, would the same people be complaining on Lara's behalf? I seriously doubt that.

I think it's a 50-50 fight, but I believe this will be Lara's coming-out party.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Did Froch?
      No, but he did hang with the best of them. Bute never even showed that he could. Judging by his last two fights one could tell he never would have.

Comment

Lara got this

Comment

Originally posted by argminasyan View Post
          lol.. good one...
          Uhhh... no.

Comment

Originally posted by FightHistorian View Post
            No, but he did hang with the best of them. Bute never even showed that he could. Judging by his last two fights one could tell he never would have.
            and are you 100% certain that if a '54 tournament was put on that Vanes wouldnt "hang" with the best of 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Froch didn't win the tornument.

And Froch was a wide underdog.

By both the bookies and boxing fans and writers.
              The bookies and fans should have known better. Froch had done been in with several of the top guys while Bute had not. Just goes to show you just how far hype will carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by argminasyan View Post
                and are you 100% certain that if a '54 tournament was put on that Vanes wouldnt "hang" with the best of 'em?
                Are you 100% certain Lara wouldn't? We'll see tomorrow.

Comment

The bookies and fans should have known better. Froch had done been in with several of the top guys while Bute had not. Just goes to show you just how far hype will carry you.
                  and thats exactly the point the guy is making... its amazing how much hype can carry someone... im sorry but Bute being a favorite vs froch was way more reasonable than what the bookies have lara at.. im not complaining... just saying that as you mentioned bookes f up sometimes and believe the hype and thats great... thank you all you nuthuggin fans for creating this hype around lara and got the bookies to believe you...

Comment

Lara is a -700 favorite right now, which I think is WAY too high imho.

Comment

Are you 100% certain Lara wouldn't? We'll see tomorrow.
                      i never claimed that he wouldnt.. all i've said is that they hype that lara has gotten is unwarranted... he has done nothing... who has he beat... p will? p will was done in that fight.. molina beat him and he struggled against hernandez..

Comment

Working...
                      X