No announcement yet.

Jake Lamotta vs Marcel Cerdan II...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Lamotta vs Marcel Cerdan II...

Who would of won the rematch? From what i've heard I would probably say Cerdan wins.

Originally posted by LeutyTheBeauty View Post
    Who would of won the rematch? From what i've heard I would probably say Cerdan wins.
    Oh, I think Marcel would have got in first with the St. Valentines Day Massacre. Really good fighter was Cerdan....... and his power was something to behold..... He may have even knocked him out, and off his feet...... 1st fight meant nothing... a broken arm... no contest.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
      Oh, I think Marcel would have got in first with the St. Valentines Day Massacre. Really good fighter was Cerdan....... and his power was something to behold..... He may have even knocked him out, and off his feet...... 1st fight meant nothing... a broken arm... no contest.
      Good answer bro. Heard he was an excellent boxer.

Comment

Good answer bro. Heard he was an excellent boxer.
        Yes he was. I was mostly going on film evidence of Cerdan, his incredible power was combined with great speed and even greater skills, he took Tony Zale from a fighter a bit past his prime, to a totally washed up and into retirement in under 12 rounds if I remember correctly. It was an awesome performance, and in the early rounds rounds he out-boxed and out-punched, but he took some blows that would have knocked out some 95% (approx) MW's to ever live, but what did Cerdan do ?????...... nothing, his head hardly even moves from the punches...... it's an A PLUS, PLUS CHIN........ IN other words he was almost the complete and total package.... you simply must see Cerdan V Zale.

Comment

I will watch that now mate. Been reading boxings greatest fighters by Bert Randolph Sugar. Awesome book. He has Cerdan ranked pretty high.

Comment

I will watch that now mate. Been reading boxings greatest fighters by Bert Randolph Sugar. Awesome book. He has Cerdan ranked pretty high.
            You'll be impressed by Cerdan..... I just wish that Bert Sugar had heard of Les Darcy, it doesn't seem to me that Bert had ever heard Darcy's name.... I could be wrong, if you see anything that Sugar has ever written about Darcy I'd be very interested with what he says but as far as I know, Bert Sugar doesn't know Les Darcy from a bar of soap.

Comment

Working...
            X