Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Mayweather and Pacquiao paper champions at 154 lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
    How the hell is fighting at a catchweight for a belt almost the same thing? It's world's apart. Jesus!
    This is what i posted

IT's the same FVVKING Thing. the only advantage FLoyd has is it was fought at full 154 I guess it matters these days.

If you hate catchweights then fine. i just like to inform you that its been happening since the early part of the previous century.

Its part of boxing. it happens when size of the fighters arent optimum for a particular division. i.e Canzoneri-Berg, Chavez-Whitaker, Hopkins-DLH etc

HTH
    Last edited by miron_lang; 08-03-2011, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      When has there ever been a legit champ at 154???

Even Martinez wasn't a legit champ at 154.

FWIW most guys either won titles via vacancy, or waited until a guy who was very beatable, won the title and then fought for it.

Pacquiao beating Margarito for a vacant title >>> Martinez drawing against Cintron and getting fedex a vacant title
      When are people going to get their heads around how screwed over Martinez was in that fight? He didn't just get a draw, he got royally screwed worse than Lara did against Williams.

For the hundredth time: Martinez knocked Cintron out. IF someone can explain how that equals a draw, apart from brutal corruption, then I might agree that Pac beating on a shot hack, at a catchweight, for a vacant title, in a division neither had been fighting at, had only one crappy win against an unranked fighter or no wins at all in the division and shouldn't have even been ranked in the top ten, let alone fighting for a title was better...but Martinez won that fight twice. Once by knock out and then once by easy decision and yet still somehow only managed a draw.

Can anyone on earth imagine if Pac knocked out against Marquez in his next fight; Marquez got dropped for the full ten, but then they decided to let him fight on after being allowed to recover. Then, rather Marquez winning most rounds, it was Pac that won most of them with two knock downs.....but the he only got a draw? A draw? In a fight he won by KO and then wide decision due to winning the majority of rounds with two knock downs? There would be widespread rioting, national chaos and anarchy in the phillipines, investigations into corruption......etc etc. But, because it happened to some largely unknown dude from Argentina, who really gives a toss.
      Last edited by BennyST; 08-03-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Both are paper champions at that weight, yes.

Mayweather's title at 154 is obviously alot more legit than Pac's, though.

Comment

Working...
        X