No announcement yet.

Let's make it clear... Fury was not 'out of it' in round 12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Yes, the KD did look devastating and yes the way Fury hit the floor, you'd think he got iced.

But he was perfectly fine the entire time, was looking at the ref from the beginning of the count, when he got up his legs were perfectly fine. He wasn't hurt. Then went back there and ****ed Wilder up for the rest of the round.

Honestly, he looked MUCH more hurt to me when Cunningham put him down. He was on jelly legs for a good minute after he got up.
    Szef, didn't Fury say he was out for like 4 seconds? Credit for getting up but he was out of it briefly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Szef, didn't Fury say he was out for like 4 seconds? Credit for getting up but he was out of it briefly.
      fury says a lot of things.

he was in control of the situation the entire time from the moment wilder caught him till he got up.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
        It's obvious. So you have people who think Fury got slept, then woke up and got up on steady legs like nothing happened? He might have been more hurt after the first knockdown. Reiss still took way too long to let the fight resume though, hurt or not.
        If the rules had been followed strictly it would have taken longer!

Wilder came out of the neutral corner Reiss sent him to and started celebrating in Fury's corner while the count was still happening.

The rules say that if the fighter who scores the KD leaves a neutral corner during the count, the ref should pause the count, order him back to the neutral corner, and resume it after he returns.

But Riess was focused on Fury and didn't spot what Wilder was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          fury says a lot of things.

he was in control of the situation the entire time from the moment wilder caught him till he got up.
          I'm just going by what he said. He clearly was aware of the count and seemed to have his faculties when he got up.

Comment

Cunningham is not a big puncher. If he can badly hurt Fury harder punching heavyweights can finish him. Wilder dropped him twice. I pick Wilder to finish him in a rematch if he varies his attack and throws a lot more punches. Fury will likely get KOed in my opinion if he fights big punchers like Wilder and Whyte. He will stay unbeaten if he cherry picks. I thought the ref gave Fury too many walk this way tests giving him extra recovery time.

Comment

Interesting point and you may be right, I think fatigue was a big factor in him even getting hit with that shot tbh.... he was dodging that right hand all night with relative ease and it’s not like Wilder did anything special/different to set up the right hand that dropped him in round 12.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                Interesting.. do you think it was less powerful than the punches that ended Joshua by Ruiz ?
                Wilder was game, but he was just going through the motions at that point in the fight. Kiltschko's shot that he landed on Joshua was harder, and I am not sure about Ruiz Junior's shots 'But Ruiz Junior was landing multiple powers in rapid fire'.

Deontay Wilder was extremely fatigued, if he was not? He would of finished off Tyson Fury.

'Don't get me wrong, it was a big shot which Fury took but I just don't think it was a power punch with Wilder's full potential behind it'.

Note: Listen to the sound of Kiltschko punch, it was as if somebody had shot a rifle.

Comment

Lol it really wasnt that devastating. He laid on the floor taking his time like a smart boxer instead of getting up right away like bradley and judah for example. If anything his head bouncing off the canvas hurt him more

Comment

Well he definitely looked done, like he wasn't getting up. I'm sure most people felt the same.

It wasn't like the Cunningham k/d, where you knew he was alert, holding his head.

Comment

I'm sure 9/10 refs would call it if you are still laying on your back at the count of 6

Comment

Working...
                      X