Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Felix Trinidad Is The GOAT - Agree Or Disagree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    Tito never dared to be great.
    It took him SEVEN years to challenge another Champion.

That's not daring to be great...at least not in this Country.

He saw many a good fighters come and go in 7 years...and didn't challenge any of them.

Ike Quartey
    James Page
    Jose Luis Lopez
    Vernon Forrest

Didn't fight Wittaker when it mattered.
    Could have made the Shane Mosely fight,back when Shane had 147 in terror.

Tito did the opposite of daring to be great.
    Stop. Just say you weren't really following back then so you don't know the back story. I like you as a poster but you are way off here.

Comment

If we Talk about 147/154 his great in 160 he was decent.His 147 run is very impressiv ,i would say his one of WW GOATs.

Comment

"I like ya threadstrater, you know what a real champ is my son"

Comment

What do you mean it took him 7 years to challenge a champion? No one wanted to fight him Oscar was a Jr welter at that time mosley was a lightwgt, Whitaker held a portion of the title & he clearly said in numerous interviews on HBO & newspapers & in regards to Trinidad, that he don't fight countries...what kind of crab is that? Tito is much younger than sweetpea so it ain't his fault whitaker was old. In other words Tito was a big gamble why fight him when you can make more $ fighting Delahoyer, Chavez. Ike Quartey didn't want none of Trinidad It's only when Tito made himself a star that he then went where the $ was at & that was Oscar. Quartey, Lopez, Vernon, James Page of all those names Mosley only fought one of them & so did Oscar. You really think Tito avoided Forest? Mayorga who doesn't know how to throw a righthand ko'd him.
          So moving up in wgt to fight undefeated David Reid & then undefeated Vargas is not daring to be great? And then moving up in wgt again (not catch weight) to challenge Joppy & fighting the great Bernard Hopkins if that is not daring to be great than i guess you won me over.

Comment

He saw many a good fighters come and go in 7 years...and didn't challenge any of them.

Ike Quartey
            James Page
            Jose Luis Lopez
            Vernon Forrest

What do you mean it took him 7 years to challenge a champion? No one wanted to fight him Oscar was a Jr welter at that time mosley was a lightwgt, Whitaker held a portion of the title & he clearly said in numerous interviews on HBO & newspapers & in regards to Trinidad, that he don't fight countries...what kind of crab is that? Tito is much younger than sweetpea so it ain't his fault whitaker was old. In other words Tito was a big gamble why fight him when you can make more $ fighting Delahoyer, Chavez. Ike Quartey didn't want none of Trinidad It's only when Tito made himself a star that he then went where the $ was at & that was Oscar. Quartey, Lopez, Vernon, James Page of all those names Mosley only fought one of them & so did Oscar. You really think Tito avoided Forest? Mayorga who doesn't know how to throw a righthand ko'd him.
            So moving up in wgt to fight undefeated David Reid & then undefeated Vargas is not daring to be great? And then moving up in wgt again (not catch weight) to challenge Joppy & fighting the great Bernard Hopkins if that is not daring to be great than i guess you won me over.

Comment

Ike Quartey
              James Page
              Jose Luis Lopez
              Vernon Forrest

Well, you can't fight everybody. If he never fought Sweet Pea most would had been upset here anyway.

About the only one that would had given competition from that group would have been Forrest because of his boxing skills combined with power.

The timing wasn't there and Trinidad moved up to fight Reid and Vargas which were better than Page, Lopez and Quartey.

Comment

Working...
              X