No announcement yet.

Sullivan barrera rating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-champ View Post
    285-27 amateur record including wins over Chad Dawson and Beibut Shumenov. Two time Cuban amateur champ. Sparring partner for Golovkin and 17 pro fights. He may not be a seasoned veteran but I think he has plenty of experience.
    Your talking about headgear bruh.

Come on now. Thats like saying tim tebows pop warner team beat once beat von millers pop warner team .

Comment

285-27 amateur record including wins over Chad Dawson and Beibut Shumenov. Two time Cuban amateur champ. Sparring partner for Golovkin and 17 pro fights. He may not be a seasoned veteran but I think he has plenty of experience.
      Not everyone that goes pro does good.

Comment

I don't think he's bad at all, he just has a style that is too easy for Ward to figure out and he doesn't have any elite attributes, he just does most things pretty well. A bit like Froch really. Of course i rate Froch higher but apart from his chin and toughness, i wouldn't say he had any real outstanding qualities as a boxer, even though he was very good overall. That just isn't good enough when fighting a guy with Ward's IQ and skill set.

He won't run into any more fighters who can do what Ward can do, so i think he could still beat some good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          I don't think he's bad at all, he just has a style that is too easy for Ward to figure out and he doesn't have any elite attributes, he just does most things pretty well. A bit like Froch really. Of course i rate Froch higher but apart from his chin and toughness, i wouldn't say he had any real outstanding qualities as a boxer, even though he was very good overall. That just isn't good enough when fighting a guy with Ward's IQ and skill set.

He won't run into any more fighters who can do what Ward can do, so i think he could still beat some good fighters.

Kovalev got the straight punches and basics. He has a subtleties about him. he has Power and charisma... he is levels above a prospect like barrera who was vastly inexperienced. Kovalev and froch are polar opposites.

Kovalev uses his height and reach.

Comment

Hes solid, good amatuer career and was undefeated until today. hes not some atg but not a bum either.

Comment

He showed he was a contender, but I don't think he looked like he was ready for the likes of Kovalev or Stevenson.

Comment

Barrera is garbage, I even said it before, no way this guy was winning, He did exactly what I said he would do, stay mid range, and throw one or two shots and back out.

This is a basic fighter, boring, boxed like he was taking a boxing class, basic textbook stupid stuff no improvisation, no feints, no setting up shots, no mixing it up, no angles no confusion, all telegraphed basica 1 2 3 garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                  Kovalev got the straight punches and basics. He has a subtleties about him. he has Power and charisma... he is levels above a prospect like barrera who was vastly inexperienced. Kovalev and froch are polar opposites.

Kovalev uses his height and reach.
                  Indeed. Completely agree.

I was just saying that Barrera has no real qualities that he excels in so he's easy for Ward to figure out and deal with. Froch was similar, although much better and on a different level to Barrera, he never had any real attributes or subtleties that could trouble Ward much.

Kovalev does i think. I think he's much more skilled and intelligent than some people realise. When you're that powerful, it's easy for people to forget everything else you do really well.

I'd say Ward has to be far better than he was tonight to beat Kovalev. He ate far too many jabs against a fighter who didn't even have a great jab. Kovalev wouldn't let him get away with that, although Ward would be extra cautious in that fight i think.

Comment

I think HBO showed his amateur record of having 40 losses.

Good amateur but definitely lacked the pro experience to go straight into a Ward fight as his first real step up fight. Ward is a class or two above him regardless so it wouldn't have mattered how much experience he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                      Monroe is underated imo. He is a 6
                      Rosado is a warrior. He is a 6 as well
                      Rubio is a 5

This thread is about sullivan barrera more so than ward.
                      Your thread would have been far more credible had you made it BEFORE the fight.

The fact that you only coming here with this crap after Barrera got schooled by Ward means only one thing...

"You aint nothing but hater number 2 270 095"

Comment

Working...
                      X