Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Barrera and Kovalev is he a lock for fighter of the year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

It is hard to imagine a better win than the Kovalev/Ward winner. Obviously we can't say for sure until the year is up and we see what else happens but that fight should give us the favorite for FOTY.

Comment

There's no doubt. Granted, Kovalev is highly overrated given his resume, but Kov/Ward is the fight of the year and the winner is P4P king. No one else is doing anything more significant than this.

Comment

Barrera? You guys need to quit acting like he's some top elite guy when he's not. Hasn't done shit to prove that yet.

Kovalev will definitely give him the chance to be, especially since he's moving up in weight and will be his second fight up there. LIke I said before though, I doubt he fights him this year. Hope I'm wrong.

You have to remember that other boxers may be doing awesome things too. What if Estrada and Chocolatito fight and Estrada comes out the winner? What if Wilder beats Povetkin and then goes on to beat Fury?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            There's no doubt. Granted, Kovalev is highly overrated given his resume, but Kov/Ward is the fight of the year and the winner is P4P king. No one else is doing anything more significant than this.
            How is he highly overrated? He knocks out the best guys put in front of him, brutally too. Resume isn't everything dude, Pascal ain't great but he's the only one who got battered and knocked down. Hopkins is legendary, and old, but don't try to compare him to another over 40 year old fighter.. he is very special fighter who got out boxed thoroughly.

We'll see the fight this November hopefully
            Last edited by Champ Wilder; 03-24-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

If he beat both of they convincingly they haters will say that Barrera was too green and the Kov didn't beat anybody and wan't that good anyway because he didn't fight Stevenson. Then they will say that he avoided triple G. If he fights triple G and beats him they will say that he was too small

The haters will never give Ward credit

Comment

Possible

Unless Khan beats Canelo and Danny Garcia or Brook

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze Bomber View Post
                  How is he highly overrated? He knocks out the best guys put in front of him, brutally too. Resume isn't everything dude, Pascal ain't great but he's the only one who got battered and knocked down. Hopkins is legendary, and old, but don't try to compare him to another over 40 year old fighter.. he is very special fighter who got out boxed thoroughly.

We'll see the fight this November hopefully
                  Because Pascal has been a joke for a long time and he fought him TWICE. Fought a food vendor, and fought a 50 year old man. If you can somehow glorify that, you have a far more creative mind than I.

I never said he was bad, only "overrated based on resume". That means he gets too much credit for the guys I mentioned.

Comment

Beating Barrera is expected...
                    But Beating Kovalev would be as impressive a victory as it gets...
                    Easily fighter of the year and the immediate rematch would line those pockets, for them both...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      Possible

Unless Khan beats Canelo and Danny Garcia or Brook
                      That's an interesting one.

Wilder as well, Szpilka, Povetkin, plus at least one more.

Comment

Working...
                      X