No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko Eyes April 6 Return, But Not Against Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
    I want to see Wlad crush Adamek for some reason.. That being said, there is nothing I want more than to see him beat Povetkin to a pulp. The ducking has gone on far too long!
    the WBA regular champ has 20 months to fight the super champ or he loses his mandatory status. povetkin's team had 3 fights(making buddles of money)& milked that regular title crap for as much as they could before the cash out fight. they are the one's who have invoked their mandatory challenger right to fight wlad. they want it in april but wlad is the one apparently who wants to wait. i understand if he wants it in an outdoor soccer stadium for this would be a big fight in germany or russia but this looming deadline has been known for 6 months now & povetkins team wants the fight now. wlad has to fight him or vacate. sasha had 20 months & his promoters got every dime they could out of the regular title but they want the big fish now before they lose their mandatory status, so they have exercised their right to a title shot. sauerland is no dumby & he will maximize everyone of his fighters earning potential. he just maximized the regular title & now he wants the super title fight.

Comment

I believe Fury is in talks with Cunningham. Price has said he is not ready for a Klitschko until 2014. I think it may be Pulev.

It could also be Arreola. He is one of the few men out there who could give Wladimir a competitive fight. He would give him a greater challenge than Haye did. Wladimir would still win though.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
        I believe Fury is in talks with Cunningham. Price has said he is not ready for a Klitschko until 2014. I think it may be Pulev.

It could also be Arreola. He is one of the few men out there who could give Wladimir a competitive fight. He would give him a greater challenge than Haye did. Wladimir would still win though.
        unless i missed it but arreola is fighting stiverne in feb or march in a WBC final eliminator or for the vacant WBC title if vitali retires. i don't see arreola pulling out but there was an issue with don king as he won the purse bid but then something happened(not sure what, i was in cuba)& goosen is now promoting it so anything is possible. pulev is fighting adamek next in a IBF final eliminator as far as i know unless his DUI hidders the fight which i don't think it will...if it's not povetkin then i'm curious to who it is. he would kill boytsov & he is in a dispute with universum so i don't think he will get the fight but stranger things have happened. pianeta has a draw with sosnowski & wins over 2 over the hill fighters in botha & mccall but i hardly think he would have any chance of beating wlad & i think that is too soft a touch after mormeck. i don't think robert helenius or dereck chisora have fights lined up so i wonder if it would be either of them?

Comment

Who else could Wladimir fight?

It could be Denis Boytsov. Universum is bankrupt and might be willing to cash him out. Boytsov is ranked by the WBA, IBF and the WBO.

Kubrat Pulev is the best qualified and would make for the most competitive matchup. If Adamek can't fight him because of the DUI charges, then he might be available, or perhaps he can to straight to Wlad as a voluntary without the final eliminator.

Robert Helenius isn't very good, except for his one-punch KO power. I think Sauerland must realize his limitations by now, so they might be willing to cash him out in a title fight against Wladimir.

Tyson Fury would be a good choice for fan interest, but he's still improving so I think he'll want another year or so to develop.

Comment

How many KOs does Wladimir have; 50 or 51?

In 2011, Haye was supposed to be the 50th KO but it ended in a decision.

Mormeck was #50

Tony Thompson was #51

Boxrec shows 59(50)-3

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              Nope not really. I think i care the appropriate amount. Enough to express my opinion, not enough to lose sleep over it. Good for them, I doubt it but sure.

You have gone beyond just stating your opinion when you, I am paraphrasing, state that you hate the Klit bros and their fans. And the sentence I highlighted doesn't even make sense.

Comment

Klitschko nuthuggers don't give any facts or numbers in their posts. Haye landed more power punches than Wlad, their fight was close to a draw.
                Also, Klitschko fans hype bums like Mormeck, while the Klitschkos never fought Valuev, Haye's best win. And Haye almost KOd Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5050 View Post
                  Klitschko nuthuggers don't give any facts or numbers in their posts. Haye landed more power punches than Wlad, their fight was close to a draw.
                  Also, Klitschko fans hype bums like Mormeck, while the Klitschkos never fought Valuev, Haye's best win. And Haye almost KOd Valuev.
                  Lol @ this

Yet still didn't even convincingly win.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                    [/B]

You have gone beyond just stating your opinion when you, I am paraphrasing, state that you hate the Klit bros and their fans. And the sentence I highlighted doesn't even make sense.
                    "Can't stand" and hate are two different things - I can't stand the klits style. Inside or outside the ring. Though I'm sure they are lovely fellas. Hate is a strong word I don't throw around. I said good for them that they are worth $100m according to you - and I would like you to back that up. Because I have never seen them on the Forbes list.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      Lol @ this

Yet still didn't even convincingly win.
                      Dude, it's a fake profile you are replying to. The guy who created it "hooksInYou" is just not man enough to face another man who's got different opinions than himself. So he makes an insult out of it to feel big.

Comment

Working...
                      X