No announcement yet.

David Haye vs Vitali Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye vs Vitali Klitschko

Hope this fight happens next year! Just waiting on vitali's response in January, I can see it happening in early or mid 2013. Good fight that will garner interest in the Heavyweight division.

Adding Poll.
    Vitali "Dr. Eisenfaust" Klitschko
    38.46%
    David "Hayemaker" Haye
    61.54%

Breakdown of Haye vs Vitali:

"David Haye is one of the most exciting fighters in boxing largely because of his athletic prowess. He possesses Middleweight skills for a Heavyweight. His fluid upper body and head movement is extremely rare for a big man."

"Vitali doesn't have the ability to move in and out as quickly as Wladimir and he's been countered effectively in the past as a result."

"We've all seen that Vitali is very intelligent when fighting smaller, more aggressive fighters, as was evidenced during his brilliant performances against Sam Peter and Chris Arreola. But, we've seen the current WBC Champ get into trouble when he over commits against a fluid fighter who can slip and counter effectively."

"When Vitali fought Corrie Sanders back in 2004 for the WBC Heavyweight title, the South African was able to bait him in and hurt Klitschko with a sharp left hand counter against the ropes. Sanders stunned Vitali in the first round and legitimately had his man hurt in the final moments of the opening stanza. Sanders didn't have the kind of conditioning to capitalize on his opportunities, but David Haye will. I see Haye implementing a very similar fight plan should he meet Vitali Klitschko in the near future."

Comment

cont.

Hayes KO Power (e.g Tomasz Bonin):

An example of Haye's ability to put together combinations and finish his opponent.

"David Haye has the same ability to slip and counter effectively. Like Sanders, Haye doesn't telegraph his punches and has the ability to explode with short, compact shots when an opponent misses and leaves himself out of position. Haye should have the same kind of success against Vitali, especially if he can establish his left hand to the body and to the head early in the fight."

Haye's ability to punch on the Back-foot (e.g Ruiz Fight):

Once again he demonstrates his ability to punch whilst moving backward.

"All of Haye's opponents know that he has a lethal right hand counter. Against a very intelligent fight like Vitali Klitschko, Haye absolutely must give him something else to focus on during the fight. He has to establish his left hand to the body and head in the form of a jab or hook. Even if he isn't successful in landing the left hand, he has to give Vitali something else to think about. This is where Haye will be more successful than Corrie Sanders. Corrie didn't have anything else in his arsenal that could hurt Vitali. Once Vitali figured out the angle and distance needed to stay away from that deadly left hand of Sanders, the fight was over. There was nothing more that Sanders could do."

"Haye can hurt any opponent with either hand and at various angles in the ring. He uses his fluid lateral movement to set traps for his opponents effectively. Because Vitali has the defensive ability to lean away from shots efficiently, Haye can't attack him and expect to hit him cleanly on the chin."

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
        Breakdown of Haye vs Vitali:

"David Haye is one of the most exciting fighters in boxing largely because of his athletic prowess. He possesses Middleweight skills for a Heavyweight. His fluid upper body and head movement is extremely rare for a big man."

"Vitali doesn't have the ability to move in and out as quickly as Wladimir and he's been countered effectively in the past as a result."

"We've all seen that Vitali is very intelligent when fighting smaller, more aggressive fighters, as was evidenced during his brilliant performances against Sam Peter and Chris Arreola. But, we've seen the current WBC Champ get into trouble when he over commits against a fluid fighter who can slip and counter effectively."

"When Vitali fought Corrie Sanders back in 2004 for the WBC Heavyweight title, the South African was able to bait him in and hurt Klitschko with a sharp left hand counter against the ropes. Sanders stunned Vitali in the first round and legitimately had his man hurt in the final moments of the opening stanza. Sanders didn't have the kind of conditioning to capitalize on his opportunities, but David Haye will. I see Haye implementing a very similar fight plan should he meet Vitali Klitschko in the near future."
        You're dreaming...... I'd have thought that everybody has seen enough of Haye "boxing" against people who could beat him up.....to not ever bother again making a stupid thread.

You're talking about attributes that haye does not have, except when facing a slow moving, soft punching, old aged pensioner dragged out of retirement I'm exaggerating, I know, but only a little.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
          cont.

Hayes KO Power (e.g Tomasz Bonin):

An example of Haye's ability to put together combinations and finish his opponent.

"David Haye has the same ability to slip and counter effectively. Like Sanders, Haye doesn't telegraph his punches and has the ability to explode with short, compact shots when an opponent misses and leaves himself out of position. Haye should have the same kind of success against Vitali, especially if he can establish his left hand to the body and to the head early in the fight."

Haye's ability to punch on the Back-foot (e.g Ruiz Fight):

Once again he demonstrates his ability to punch whilst moving backward.

"All of Haye's opponents know that he has a lethal right hand counter. Against a very intelligent fight like Vitali Klitschko, Haye absolutely must give him something else to focus on during the fight. He has to establish his left hand to the body and head in the form of a jab or hook. Even if he isn't successful in landing the left hand, he has to give Vitali something else to think about. This is where Haye will be more successful than Corrie Sanders. Corrie didn't have anything else in his arsenal that could hurt Vitali. Once Vitali figured out the angle and distance needed to stay away from that deadly left hand of Sanders, the fight was over. There was nothing more that Sanders could do."

"Haye can hurt any opponent with either hand and at various angles in the ring. He uses his fluid lateral movement to set traps for his opponents effectively. Because Vitali has the defensive ability to lean away from shots efficiently, Haye can't attack him and expect to hit him cleanly on the chin."
          I don't understand your meaning about Haye being able to "punch off the back foot". I believe that what you're trying to say is that Haye understands well, "how to punch to the back of the neck'... and I point out the same fight-against the aged, retired Ruiz- as the prime example. he should have been disqualified about 10 times over. it was a phony, disgusting, back alley brawl in which the "referee" played no part and the stream of fouls were all committed by Haye, with impunity.

Comment

David Haye will dominate Vitali, possibly into a late tko.

Wlad fought a Pre Prime David haye- not to mention the devastating injury.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              You're dreaming...... I'd have thought that everybody has seen enough of Haye "boxing" against people who could beat him up.....to not ever bother again making a stupid thread.

You're talking about attributes that haye does not have, except when facing a slow moving, soft punching, old aged pensioner dragged out of retirement I'm exaggerating, I know, but only a little.
              Hey look it's the guy that thinks JMM's KO punch over Pacquiao was lucky because JMM's head was at the side of Pacquiaos body when it landed.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                I don't understand your meaning about Haye being able to "punch off the back foot". I believe that what you're trying to say is that Haye understands well, "how to punch to the back of the neck'... and I point out the same fight-against the aged, retired Ruiz- as the prime example. he should have been disqualified about 10 times over. it was a phony, disgusting, back alley brawl in which the "referee" played no part and the stream of fouls were all committed by Haye, with impunity.
                Ruiz wasn't retired when he fought Haye, he was an active fighter who won an eliminator by ko a few months back.

Ruiz was old but he was no older than a lot of recent title contenders like Tony Thompson, Shannon briggs, Jean Marc morneck and others

Comment

It will be a good win for Vitali to retire on..

Shame that Haye is too bs to continue to fight after this fight if it ever happens. Vitali again won't get any credit and Haye will be called bum by lennox fanboys although he is better than 95% opponents Lennox met.
                  Last edited by Simurgh; 12-11-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I voted for Vitali but old age has hurt him while Haye is still prime and very impressive in his last fight so it's almost a 50-50 fight to me. The older Vitali gets the better Haye's chances.

Comment

Working...
                    X